VCR Lesson 6
Guess the Word
The ____________ in charge of the company signed a contract with their new business partners.
The correct answer is:
A person who holds an office or position
1. Already holding an office or position
2. Required as a duty or obligation (often used with on)
Pronunciation: in kum bent
Which one is wrong?
2. The extra credit was an incumbent action for the students
3. Bob left his position as CEO and is the incumbent of the company now.
4. The incumbent manager led his team through a powerpoint presentation on this month's sales.