Bertram Family Connection
October 24, 2022
October 24-28: Red Ribbon Week! See the updated dress up days below!
Thursday, October 27: Adventure Dash (see the schedule below)
Friday, October 28: 2nd 6 Weeks Bulldog Boogie & Book Character Parade, & End of the 2nd 6 Weeks
Monday, October 31: Professional Development Day - No School
Thursday, November 3: 2nd 6 Weeks Report Cards Available in Skyward
November 7-11: Book Fair (ends at 12:45 on 11/11)
November 11: Veteran's Day Performance on the Pavilion, 1pm
November 15: Fall Picture Retakes
November 17: Turkey Trot During Activity Times
November 18: Academy 4 Friday for 4th Grade
November 21-25: Thanksgiving Break - No School
PTO T-Shirts Went Home Today!
PTO distributed the t-shirts that were sold in September today. Your child should have brought them home. If it did not arrive home with them, please contact their teacher to see if it was left in the classroom.
Adventure Dash Event Ticket
On Monday, each student will bring home a brightly colored Adventure Dash Event Ticket. This ticket will allow family members who wish to attend the Adventure Dash the opportunity to sign in at the event table rather than the office window. The table will be in the office foyer. One ticket is good for multiple family members/guests that are entering the campus at the same time. Visitors arriving without a ticket will need to check in at the front desk with a photo ID.
Adventure Dash Fun Run - Thursday, October 27th
Please review the Adventure Dash Fun Run. These times are slightly different than our usual activity times.
5th - 7:40 - 8:20
3rd - 8:25 - 9:05
1st - 9:10 - 9:50
2nd - 9:55 - 10:35
4th - 10:40 - 11:20
Kinder - 11:45 - 12:25
PreK - 12:30 - 1:10
Life Skills - 1:15 - 1:45
Adventure Dash Challenges & FAQs
What is the scoop on the nightly challenges? Below are the challenges for each day. Students can participate in as many or as few as they would like. Students who raise $300 or more will receive all 5 bands regardless of when the funds were raised.
Thursday, October 18: The Be First Challenge! - Get signed up by 8am on 10/19 to get the Be 1st Band.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday October 19-21 - The Foam Party Challenge -Raise $75 over the weekend to get the Foam Party Band.
Monday, October 24th - The Slime Challenge - Raise $30 on 10/24 to get the Slime Party Band.
Tuesday, October 25th - The Splash Challenge - Raise $30 on 10/25 to get the Splash Party Band.
Wednesday, October 26th- The Food Fight Challenge - Raise $30 on 10/26 to get the Food Fight Band.
Frequently Asked Question:
What does my child do if they do not have a band for a certain party or any parties?
All students will get to run and enjoy the Adventure Dash course. Students are called to the side for the Band Parties and the other students continue running and exploring the Adventure Dash Course.
My child lost their band. What do I do?
Please encourage your child to keep up with their bands. For Prek, Kinder, and 1st Grades, bands will stay in the classroom. Your child can let the Adventure Dash coach know that they lost a band and they will be able to replace it.
What are we raising money for?
- Student enrichment including in-school field trips,
- New choir risers for student performances,
- Teacher Appreciation,
- Family engagement events (Grandparents Day, National Night Out, PTO Fun Events),
- K & 5th graduations,
- Field Day- bounce house & games, community involvement
- and much more!
What does PTO fund?
Funds raised during Adventure Dash last year were used for the following items.
- Student Magazine Subscriptions in the Library
- Field Day - Inflatables, Snow Cones, Trophies & Ribbons for competitive games, Tug of War Rope, and bottles of water for students
- Additional Supplies for the Art Program
- Cafeteria Sound System for programs and assemblies
- Portable Sound System for daily dismissal and special events
- Kinder & 5th Grade Graduation decor
- Put In Cups Signage that will be installed once construction is finished
- Family Engagement including enhancements to National Night Out, Grandparents Day craft supplies and refreshments, Water & Popsicles for the Kinder & PreK Summer Play dates, Tears & Cheers Parent Event on the 1st Day of School, Santa Suit for Pictures with Santa at Christmas Program
- Teacher Appreciation including Teacher Appreciation Week
- Teacher Grant Program
Red Ribbon Week - October 24-28
Please no face coverings or scary costumes for the Book Character Parade.
Come see PTO at Halloween on Vaughn Street!
Need a transportation change? Email email@example.com by 1:30pm!
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
Complete an application for FREE or REDUCED priced lunch here. You can also add money to your child's lunch account by logging here.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:25am Office Opens
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:20pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes