Friday Updates & Reminders
September 16, 2016 * Hamilton Elementary School
Watch DOGS - Dads of Great Students Sign-Up
Calling all dads!! We would love to have you spend the day with us volunteering around the school and in your child's classroom. Watch DOGS Sign-up and information: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e4eabaa2ea5fb6-hamilton
More information about the Watch DOGS program can be found here: http://www.fathers.com/watchdogs/
Garden Help Needed!
The PTO is CALLING ALL DADS to help restore the front gardens of our school to their former glory. The gardens are a learning center for our children and allow them to see nature in action. All you will need is a pair of gloves and willingness to help our gardening lady, Stephanie Baker, rebuild borders, trim and weed. Thank you for your help!
Destination Imagination Informational Meeting
Destination Imagination is an educational program where student teams solve open-ended challenges and present their solutions at tournaments. If your child loves to be creative, solve problems and enjoys team work, this might be for you! More information can be found by clicking here: http://tinyurl.com/1617DIinfo
If you are interested please plan to attend our DI Informational Meeting on September 27th at 6:00 p.m. in the HES Cafeteria. During the meeting, you will have an opportunity to ask questions about DI and begin to form teams.
Please contact our DI parent volunteer, Hadia Hussain at Hamiltonpto15@gmail.com with questions.
This meeting is for parents and students. Students may not attend alone. During the meeting you will have the opportunity to ask questions and form teams.
What do you need to know when considering if DI is a good fit for your child.
- Please read the information above carefully.
- Each team will be required to have a parent as a Team Manager. Teachers do not serve as Team Managers.
- Team practice sessions take place at parent homes, parks, etc., and are not held at HES
- The time commitment by students and parents is considerable. Teams typically meet at least weekly and closer to the DI tournament often meet several times a week.
Conquer Childhood Cancers
Our Lion Family has been busy working to raise awareness for Childhood Cancer. Thank you to all our Lions who went gold on September 13th. How can you continue to help? Check out the information reposted from the September Lions Lines.
In honor of our Hamilton 5, we are asking for our Lion Family to help increase support and awareness of childhood cancer by participating in any of the following activities & events.
1. Join the #CypressStrong Light the Night team with Hamilton staff and students. The walk takes place October 16th along the Woodlands Waterway. Money raised helps research a cure for blood cancer, but you do not have to raise funds to join and walk. Sign up at: https://registration.lightthenight.org/event-selected/44432/team-selected/446675
2. If you can’t walk with us at Light the Night, consider making a donation to the team using the link above.
3. Purchase a #CypressStrong t-shirt (all profit goes towards research) at http://cypress-strong.com/products/cypress-strong-t-shirt
4. Post the gold “Hamilton Elementary is #CypressStrong” flyer (will be sent home with your child) in your home’s window.
5. Tie a gold ribbon around the trees in your yard.
6. Donate items to be given to children in cancer hospitals. Students who bring donations to the library during September will be given a paw to decorate and display in the library. Items that children can play with while sitting in bed are appreciated.
1617 Calendar at a Glance: http://tinyurl.com/1617HEScalendar
5 Watch DOGS Training - 7:30 am & 5:30 pm in the Cafeteria
7 PTO Meeting at 9:00 am
10 Parent Teacher Conference Day - http://tinyurl.com/ParentTeacherConferenceLetter
12 Fall Pictures
21 End of First Grading Period
PTO Neon Circus XXL 6-10 pm at the CFISD Exhibit Hall
24-28 Red Ribbon Week
24-25 Hearing and Vision Screening
26 Author Visit: Steve Swinburne for K, 1, 2
28 Storybook Character Dress Day
Update School Messenger Information
School Cash Online
School Cash Online is our school’s preferred method of payment.
Get started today by registering your account at https://cypress-fairbanksisd.schoolcashonline.com/
When HES sets up items to purchase, parents will receive an email notification and the item will also show up in your School Cash Online account!!
Helpful Information & HES Calendar at a Glance
Helpful Information page 1: http://tinyurl.com/HEShelpfulinformation1
Helpful Information page 2: http://tinyurl.com/HEShelpfulInformation2
1617 HES Calendar at a Glance - dates are subject to change. Please refer to the Lions Lines for updates: http://tinyurl.com/1617HEScalendar
School Cash Online sign-up link: https://cypress-fairbanksisd.schoolcashonline.com/
Parent & Student Handbook
CFISD District Information
2016-2017 Calendar: http://www.cfisd.net/en/calendar/
School Messenger: Text Message Sign Up
The directions for adding text messages to your School Messenger account are in the link below. All parents need to update their School Messenger Information:
Follow HES on Twitter @Hamilton_Lions
Follow our HES on Instagram by searching for Hamilton_Lions
Don't forget to keep up to date with PTO events, news, and reminders by "liking" their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HamiltonElementaryPTO