FAMILY ENGAGEMENT & STUDENT SUPPORT
AISD LEARNING OPORTUNITIES & COMMUNITY RESOURCES
**Wednesday, July 14th , 2021**
To view this newsletter in a different language, click on the Translate Newsletter button located in the black box to the top right.
Para ver este boletín en un idioma diferente, haga clic en el botón Traducir boletín ubicado en el cuadro negro en la parte superior derecha.
It's Easy to Enroll for the 2021-2022 School Year!
- Option 1: Pick any date, time and location from calendar below.
- Option 2: Text "ENROLL" to 512-886-6434 to Start the Process over the Phone!
- Option 3: Request an appointment for online registration assistance HERE.
Our parent support specialists will be onsite to assist you with enrollment.
¡Es fácil inscribirse para el año escolar 2021-2022!
- Opción 1: Elija cualquier fecha, hora y ubicación del calendario a continuación.
- Opción 2: Envíe el mensaje de texto "ENROLL" al 512-886-6434 para iniciar el proceso por teléfono.
- Opción 3: Solicite una cita para asistencia con el registro en línea AQUÍ.
Nuestros especialistas en apoyo para padres estarán en el lugar para ayudarlo con la inscripción.
- Parent Guide to AISD Online Registration
- Forgot your password? Call the AISD Family Support Line: 512-414-9187
Necesita más ayuda?
- Guía para padres sobre el registro en línea de AISD
- ¿Olvidaste tu contraseña? Llame a la Línea de apoyo familiar de AISD: 512-414-9187
Save the date..Enroll in July!
- Thursday July 15th
5pm to 8pm
5005 Caswell Ave. Austin, Tx. 78751
- Tuesday July 20th
4pm to 8pm
1201 Payton Gin Rd, Austin, TX 78758
- Tuesday July 22nd
AISD Central Office
9am to 1pm
4000 S. IH-35. Austin, Tx. 78704
AISD Family Support Line 512-414-9187
Have a question? Please click on image above to submit via Let's Talk
COVID-19 Resource Information
Austin ISD pop-up clinics do not require registration, and are open to students, staff, and family/community members ages 12 and older. Click on tab above for information and resources.
COVID-19 VACCINES FOR 12+ AND BACK TO SCHOOL IMMUNIZATIONS
AISD FREE SUMMER MEALS FOR STUDENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES
*** Every Thursday ***
Click on image below to find locations and hours
SCHOLARSHIP FOR CHILDCARE SERVICES
Workforce Solutions Capital Area recently received CBDG funding for Essential Workers living in the City of Austin to provide scholarships for childcare services!
Essential Workers in the following categories:
- Childcare Industry (teachers, caregivers, etc.)
- Education (teachers, support staff, bus drivers, etc.)
- Pharmacy and Healthcare Workers
- First Responders
- Critical Infrastructure (Grocery, Utilities, Trucking, etc.)
- Other Infrastructure Workers (State and Local Government, Mail/Deliver Services, Banking, Gas Stations, Military, Restaurant and other Food Delivery, etc.)
Click here for more details.
Maximum Gross (Pre-Tax) Income to participate:
Never Too Young To Learn! Now accepting students!
Click on image above to learn more.
Click on Panda to view a video about one of AISD Early Childhood program.
Haga click en la imagen de arriba para ver mas.
AISD TECHNOLOGY: RETURN/EXCHANGE DEVICES
Austin ISD Technology will be hosting 3 curbside locations for the 2021 summer!
Students and staff will be able to return or exchange AISD student/staff devices and peripherals such as Chromebooks, iPads, laptops, hotspots, or chargers!
Each location will run Monday-Thursday, beginning June 7th and ending July 29th! Curbside will be closed the week of July 5th.
The locations and times are as follows:
- Austin High School: Monday through Thursday, 9am - 2pm
- Andrews Elementary: Monday through Thursday, 9am - 2pm
- Crockett High School: Monday through Thursday, 1pm - 5pm
GRADUATION PREPARATORY ACADEMY HIGH SCHOOL
AISD SUMMER ACADEMIC OPPORTUNITIES
Academic Enrichment and Credit Recovery Sessions
Students have access to dozens of programs that can help them get a head start on the school year, stay engaged over the summer, and recover credits if necessary.
Click on image below for more information.
Summer 2021 Learning Resources
Click on images below to view learning resource guide
SUMMER BRIGHTER BITES PRODUCE DISTRIBUTION
PANDEMIC ELECTRONIC BENEFIT TRANSFER
Fresh for Less Markets are open once again and have new hours and delivery options
- Community Learning Opportunities & Resources -
TEXAS RENT RELIEF PROGRAM
The Texas Rent Relief Program has emergency funds to help Texas renters with paying current and past due rent and utility bills. Households must have incomes at or below 80% of the Area Median Income and meet other eligibility requirements.
To visit the Texas Rent Relief Program website click HERE.
Central Texas Food Bank announces July mass food distributions for Austin area
- Thursday, July 15
4601 Pecan Brook Dr Austin, TX 78724
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Saturday, July 17
Del Valle High School
5201 Ross Rd, Del Valle, TX 78617
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, July 29
7105 Berkman Dr. Austin, TX 78752
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
The food bank notes the distributions are primarily designed to be drive-thru events and no one in need of food will be turned away.
These food distributions are primarily designed as drive-through events. Please allow appropriate space in your trunk before arriving at the distribution. You can also receive groceries via walk-up if you do not have a vehicle.
Central Texas Food Bank schedule
FREE FOOD DELIVERY PROGRAM
The Central Texas Food Bank, in partnership with the Austin Public Health Neighborhood Services Unit and Amazon, is launching a home delivery program. To find out if you are eligible and/or to enroll in the program, contact a Neighborhood Center near you.
Summer Safety Tips:
Water & Heat- http://www.austintexas.gov/page/heat-awareness
NEED HELP FINDING RESOURCES?
-Family & Community Resource Guide-
Welcome Back to School for the 2021-22 School Year!
Alejandro Delgado,- Executive Director Of Student Enrollment And Advocacy
Leonor Vargas, LMSW-Administrative Supervisor of Parent Programs
Marisol Fray, LMSW-Social Services Specialist
Maria Hanley- Parent Engagement Support Lead/Community Organizer
Siglinda Orozco- Parent Engagement Support Lead/Community Organizer
Jennifer Vasquez-Administrative Assistant II
Main Office: 512-414-0726