September 16, 2021
Sept. 17: NO SCHOOL-Staff Work Day
Sept. 22: Picture Day
Sept. 24: Fall Fun Fest (see below)
Sept. 24-Oct. 8: Werner PTA Direct Donation Drive
Sept. 28: Werner Dines Out-Tokyo Joe's
NEWS FROM WERNER
- No School, Friday Sept. 17- This is a friendly reminder there is no school for students tomorrow. This is a work day for staff.
- Picture Day is Coming- Picture Day is Wednesday, Sept. 22. Flyers were sent home last week.
- Picture Day Help Needed- On Wednesday, September 22, our students will have Picture Day! If you are able to help on this day, please go to this link to sign up. For more information about volunteering at Werner, please go to our website. If you have any questions, please email our Office Manager, Traci Henninger (email@example.com).
- Fall Fun Festival, Sept. 24- We are looking forward to seeing you at our Fall Fun Festival next Friday, Sept. 24. See details down below!
- Visitors Policy- We have been getting questions about visitors at school (e.g. lunch with child). At this point, we are not allowing visitors for non-educational purposes. Examples of educational purposes are parent-teacher conference, volunteering, presenting, etc.). If you would like to have lunch with your child, you may sign them out and take off campus. As we get more updates, we will let you know.
We need your you help!- As we get volunteer needs, please go to our website (Volunteer) for ways you can help.
Arrival Reminders- Please remember students are not allowed on campus before 8:30. We do not have the supervision for your child's safety. Breakfast is served from 8:30-8:50. If you need child care options, you can check out AlphaBEST. If you arrive after 8:50, please sign your child in at the main office.
Volunteers- We are getting more clarity on usage of volunteers this year with our COVID protocols. Teachers are beginning to assess needs and will be communicating later. Just a reminder that all volunteers must be registered with PSD before they can volunteer. For more information, go to: https://wer.psdschools.org/about-us/volunteers.
PSD Fall COVID Protocols- This flyer has information about what to expect this fall to with our health/safety protocols.
PTA Hosts the FALL FUN FEST!
Friday, September 24th | 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm | Werner Elementary
Let’s get together! The Werner PTA will be hosting the Fall Fun Fest on the Werner Playground. We’ll have food, dancing, and LOTS of FUN! Families will have the opportunity to take part in a scavenger hunt around the Werner grounds, Suit and Tie DJ will be there rocking out with the kids, and Coach J will have an obstacle course set up on the field. We’ve invited Story Maker Coffee Bar, Kona Ice, Backyard Bird, and Campechana Mexican Food trucks to be onsite for purchase, and the PTA will have Little Caesars pizza and bottled waters for sale, $1 each (cash, card, and PayPal accepted). There’s something for everyone! You won’t want to miss it!
The PTA is so excited to host this event for our Werner Families, but we can’t do it without your help! We are still in need of a few more Werner Grownups to volunteer to assist with with (we have adjusted shifts to be 30 minutes):
· Set up tables, chairs, and concessions.
· Serving pizza and water.
· Cashiers for pizza and water sales.
· Supervising obstacle course with Coach J.
· Clean up tables, chairs, trash.
Please sign up to volunteer HERE.
Virtual Author Visit
Werner 3rd, 4th, & 5th grade families,
We are excited to host a virtual conversation with author John Patrick Green on October 4 here at Werner where he will be sharing about his InvestiGators series (fun graphic novels!) Old Firehouse Books is sponsoring this event for our students for FREE. If students would like to buy a book and support our local bookstore, please go to their website and order between now and October. See information at this link or email Mrs. Bean with questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
A Note from Our Health Office
Link to immunization information:
· If your student cannot get vaccines because of medical reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Medical Exemption to your school, signed by a health care provider licensed to give vaccines. You only need to submit this certificate once, unless your student’s information or school changes.
· If you choose not to have your student vaccinated according to the current recommended schedule because of personal belief or religious reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption to your school. Nonmedical exemptions must be submitted annually at every new school year (July 1st through June 30th of the following year).
· Two ways to file a nonmedical exemption, certificates and online education module:
o File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption WITH a signature from an immunizing provider, OR
o File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption received upon the completion of our online education module.
Werner Health/Safety Protocols
NEWS FROM WERNER PTA
Message from PTA
We have a variety of positions, events and opportunities to get involved. You can find a complete list HERE and sign up for any that seem interesting to you and a PTA Board Member will reach out to discuss.
Thank you for supporting the Werner Elementary PTA!
PTA President | Anjani Rogenski
PTA Vice President | Nicole Kidd
PTA Treasurer | Patti Haswell
PTA Secretary | Chelsea Padgett
PTA Board member | Juliana Schump
There Is No Wrong Way To PTA. How Do You PTA?
September General Meeting Recap
It was so great to get be able to have our meeting in person for the first time in over a year! We are so grateful to all the Werner Grownups that attended and provided great ideas and valuable feedback. Volunteers are still needed for our Fall Fun Fest. We’ve updated the volunteer work shifts to 30-minute shifts for more parents to be able to be involved and so all volunteers can also enjoy the event with their families.
We’ve compiled a Signup Genius that lists all volunteer events and opportunities already planned for this school year. Please check it out and sign up if you have any interest in the event/position. Signing up does not mean a commitment. We are trying to gauge levels of interest.
Meeting Wrap Up
Mr. Camp’s Update
Fall Fun Fest Planning
Screenagers for October evening meeting event
Open Positions and Volunteer Opportunities
Vote on Budget Variance
Find the detailed Meeting Minutes HERE.
Join the PTA for a one time $10 donation.
FREE MONEY FOR OUR SCHOOL!
Did you know there are ways to donate money to the school by doing things you already do?
- If you shop at King Soopers with a loyalty card they will donate to Werner when you sign up here.
- If you shop on Amazon, you can sign up for Amazon Smile and they will donate 1% of purchases.
- If you like to eat out, the PTA hosts Werner Dines Out once a month and the restaurants we partner with will donate back to the school.
Battle of the Books Chair Needed!
We are looking for a volunteer to organize this years Battle of the Books for all grades. This volunteer would communicate with all Team Coaches. Ideally the Chair would be a past coach to be able to offer experience and guidance but is not required. Information on signing up for the Battle of the Books will be in your Friday Folder. Please email PTAWernerElementary@gmail.com with any questions and interest.
Upcoming General Meeting
October evening meeting TBD | PTA will host a Screenagers event with a quick meeting before and an open discussion to follow | Place and time TBD
Werner Dines Out October
Tokyo Grill | Tuesday September 28th | 4 pm – 8:30 pm (see flyer below)
NEWS FROM PSD
PSD 21-22 School Year Updates
PSD Now Newsletter
One of many ways information is shared is through the PSD Now community newsletter, which features timely information about the latest happenings in the district. This is emailed to families and interested community members about every other Thursday.
Here is the most recent newsletter of PSD Now. For archived newsletters and information about how to sign up, go to: https://www.psdschools.org/department/communications.