Giants and Super Giants
What is a super giant?
They’re the most massive stars, they can have masses from 10 to 70 solar masses their brightness can go up from 30,000 up to hundreds of thousands bright.
as star swells it’s outer layer gets cooler, star gets redder and brighter than
- it has a bright, reddish glow
- When all the hydrogen in the core of the star’s mass has fused into helium, it changes rapidly occur inside the star
A red giant is the beginning of the end of the star
- The stage can last a few hundred million to a few billion years
- The Sun and Other Stars. Chicago: World Book, 2007. Print.
- "Supergiant." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, n.d. Web. 04 Nov. 2014. <http://www.sciencedaily.com/articles/s/supergiant.htm>.