Staying Connected through these times
Things are scary right now, yesterday I went down the rabbit hole of being mad, angry and infuriated about what is going on. What is happening in my immediate household, what is going on in our state, what is going on in our world, and what is going on around the globe.
Our immediate response as humans is to point blame. Blame the government for not doing enough, blame people for not staying in, blame humans as a whole for the way we have taken advantage. That is excactly what I was doing yesterday. As I, myself have become sick. Do I have the virus, I don't know, maybe? Truth is, my husband has been exposed, is considered an essential worker (as construction can't stop) and people he has been around, have been positive. He himself has been isolated in my home since Sunday. While I manage our house, my business, and everything in between. Then I wake up sick. So of course I was angry.
Annoyed, angry and everything in between were my emotions yesterday. I feel it is okay to be in those moments, for a brief period of time to remember that this will pass. So I ALLOWED myself to be there yesterday, so that I can pick up the pieces of it all up today.
Today I met my mat, with peace and contentment, furthermore reminding myself of Santosha.
Santosha is the 2nd of the Niyamas, the ethical code of ancient Yogic Philosophy. I always view Santosha as one of the most important to practice in our society, because our Society is in a constant state of trying to climb the ladder. However, right now there is no such thing. Many are upset by being hunkered down, some are rejoicing, some are frantically trying to figure out where they will get the money to buy food, some have cushion that they can fall back on. Wherever you fall in all of this, the energy in the air remains the same. It is heavy, our vibration as a universe is low, and we are letting in disease.
Let me remind you of the Law of Attraction, like attracts like, therefore all the negativity attracts more negativity, and allows in more disease.
A quote from the book "The Yamas & Niyamas- Exploring Yoga's Ethical Practice" By Deborah Adele
Santosha invites us into contentment by taking refuge in a calm center, opening our hearts in gratitude for what we do have, and practicing the paradox of "not seeking"
In other words, ask yourself this, how can you find yourself present in the moment. A moment we are all in together, some effected more than others, but again all together. How can you not seek the moment to reunite, how can you find gratitude in the time being given to you. Finding peace in the chaos, finding contentment in the uncertainty, finding love amidst the fear.
It is all a practice and a practice we all love and hold very dear to us.... our yoga.
Stay well and healthy my friends,
Love and Light Always,
We are a small business that this is impacting GREATLY, we sincerely hope, pray and have faith that we will be able to reopen our doors, however truth is we do not know. Please think of us with small business, spread the word about our virtual classes, giftcards for others can be bought online to use at a later date. Help us as much as we help you.
To Register for Classes, or Send New Students to our Site, please click the Link Above to Our Virtual Studio
We will continue to host virtual classes every day of the week that we have been doing so far. The schedule of classes is below. Please follow these guidelines below.
- We are leaving both slots during the week open, please register for EITHER AM OR PM. Please do not register for both, as our system is designed to allow only a certain number of people to register per class. We are leaving it this way so more people can register for the classes.
- Classes may become booked and ask that you be put on a wait list. Please do not put yourself on a wait list, and email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will put you on the list for the emailed class.
- Going forward classes will be left up for 24 hours, being I know some of you may want to practice earlier than 9am.
- The same policy will go ahead, sign up for the day of class by 8:30am the day of, and you will get an emailed class link around 9am
- If you do not get the email but signed up for class, please first check your spam account, and if not there please email us and we will forward it to you.
- Again we ask that you do not share these classes with non paying members of the studio outside of your household. We encourage you to take these classes with family members, but please do not forward our emails to other friends and family.
- ALL PACKAGES of those that are choosing not to engage in our virtual classes will be extended, in the event that they were to expire and you did not use them please notify the studio and we will adjust it.
- Please Keep in mind your regular teachers will not be teaching all of these classes on their regular scheduled days, as not every teacher is capable of teaching virtually at this time.
- If you are having trouble with your Mindbody account please email us or send us a message on our social media accounts, as we are not physically in the studio to check voicemails, and receive messages.
Schedule of Classes
Sunday- Open Level
Tuesday- Open Level
Wednesday- Open Level
Thursday- Gentle Yoga
Friday- Open Level
Saturday- Open Level
FREE CLASSES FOR OUR FRONT LINES
CONTACT US DIRECTLY AT LILAFAMILYYOGA@GMAIL.COM OR SEND US A MESSAGE VIA OUR INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK @LILFAMILYYOGA