AHES Panther News
2021 Connection: August 20, 2021
Anaheim Hills Elementary School
I loved spending time with your children this week. We had a great week at AHES, and look forward to next week. Please see below for this week's updates.
Nicole Van Wilgen Moore
Mark Your Calendars
- August 26th - 1st-6th Grade Virtual Back to School Night
- September 2nd - Picture Day
- 2021-2022 District Student Calendar
Reminder On Arrival/Dismissal Procedures
We need your help in making our arrival and dismissal safer and quicker. We encourage car pick up @ dismissal if possible.
- For those driving, please remain in your cars as you drop your children off.
- For those walking, please do not pass the walking zone.
- Only children attending AHES are allowed on the sidewalks in front of the AHES campus.
- Please drop off your children at the oldest child's drop-off time.
- Please arrive at your oldest child's pick-up time. Do not arrive prior to that time. Remind your oldest child to stand with your youngest, so you have one pick-up.
- If you are here early, we will ask you to exit and rejoin the parking lot line.
- Please make sure to display your child's car tag in your car (with the child's first and last name, and the teacher's last name).
- Continue to move along the parking lot line along the curb, do not stop until there is no more space in front of you to stop. We will get your child to you no matter where you end up in the line.
- If you are a walking family, please help us by having your child's sign with you. As well as notifying your child which walking gate you will be at so they know ahead of time.
Picture Day Rescheduled - September 2nd
School Name: Anaheim Hills Elem School
Picture Day Date: Thursday, September 2
Picture Day ID: EVTVCCQPH
Important Information: Thursday September 02, 2021
VIRTUAL BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT (GRADES 1-6)
I am looking forward to our Virtual Back to School Night!
Here are the details:
Principal's Message: 5:30 pm (link will be sent next week)
Session 1: 6:00 pm
Session 2: 6:30 pm
- To access each session, please follow the instructions that your child's teacher will send out next week on how to access the live back-to-school night.
- Teachers will host two separate sessions to accommodate families with multiple children.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED ON FILE
Both forms can be downloaded below, and then turned into your child's teacher.
COVID-19 STUDENT TESTING
The District is pleased to begin offering all students COVID-19 testing weekly to all interested. The next student COVID-19 testing event is scheduled for August 18th at the District Office located 1401 N. Handy St. Orange, CA 92867.
All students are strongly urged to participate in the District COVID-19 testing program. This type of surveillance testing program is recommended by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) to mitigate spread of COVID-19 in the school community. The OUSD COVID-19 Testing Program is intended to continue maximizing the good health and safety of our school community.
General information for the student testing event is below and further details can be found on the attached flyer. Students are encouraged to make an appointment between 2:30pm-5:00pm as to not interfere with instruction. Please keep in mind that when completing the online form to make an appointment, all required fields must be completed to take advantage of this testing opportunity. It is also important that accurate insurance information is provided if applicable. All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 2:30pm-5:00pm at the District Office.
To complete the medical survey and schedule an appointment for August 18th at the District Office: Click Here
The schedule for the next two testing events is below:
- August 25, 2021 (2:30pm-5:00pm) at the District Office
- September 1, 2021 (2:30pm-5:00pm) at the District Office
Participation in testing events is for District students only and is voluntary. As a District approved provider, Living Fit Nation will work with the District to verify the eligibility of participants prior to the event. This partnership, as part of the OUSD students COVID-19 Testing Program, will further strengthen the health and safety measures established in the Safety and Health-Driven School Reopening Plan.
AHES PTA Information
OUSD Superintendent Communication
Reminders - Please Review
AHES Handbook 2021-2022
COVID-19 UPDATES & GUIDANCE
- Students and staff will be required to wear masks indoors.
- Students and staff will be permitted to remove their masks outdoors.
- Physical distancing requirements are no longer in place.
- Desks/tables inside the classroom may be closer than 3 feet.
- Designated seating charts by class will be implemented outside at the lunch tables.
- Individual desk/table guards will be removed from the classroom.
Additional information and updates will be provided as the information and guidance become available.