Christensen Elementary Newsletter
Communication to families
Christensen Elementary communicates to their families in the following manners:
1. The Christensen Courier is our newsletter that is sent home bi-monthly via email. This is designed to inform parents of upcoming events and important information.
2. The Weekly auto call is intended to notify parents of all early dismissals and No School Days.
3. Our school website can be accessed through christensen.fpschools.org. Our website is updated regularly with important dates, early dismissals and information.
4. Classroom email. You may directly email your students teacher. You can find their email address on our website or call the school office.
5. Pink half sheet papers are sent home regularly to provide a quick look at what's happening at school, early dismissals and no school days. These fit perfectly on your refrigerator.
6. Like us on Facebook at Christensen Elementary School for news and information.
Dates to Remember
Wednesday, Sept.18th & 25th; 2:30pm early dismissal
Friday, Sept. 27th; Family Game Night @ 6pm
Monday - Thursday, Sept. 30th - Oct. 3rd, Student Led Conferences, 12:30pm dism.
Book Fair -Monday, Sept. 30th, 1pm to 7pm
Book Fair - Oct. 1st - 3rd, 1pm to 4pm
Friday, Oct. 4th, Teacher In-Service, No School
Wednesdays, Oct. 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th are 2:30pm early dismissals
Oct. 24th - Flu Shot Clinic for Students
Friday, Oct. 25th - PTA Trunk or Treat, 6pm to 8pm
Thursday, Oct. 31st - School Picture Day
Music Concert, Tuesday, Nov. 5th @ 6pm
Family Game Night, Friday, Sept. 27th
Join us for a fun filled family game night at 6pm in the gym.
Student Led Conferences
Student Led Conferences are September 30th through Oct. 3rd. Please, be sure to sign up for a scheduled appointment for you and your student to meet with their teacher.
Scholastic Book Fair
Come and check out our Scholastic Book Fair
Monday Sept. 30th, 1pm to 7pm.
Tuesday through Thursday, Oct. 1st - 3rd, 1pm to 4pm.
Student Led Conferences
Trunk or Treat - Friday, Oct. 25th @ 6pm in the parking lot
Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Good Attendance Matters
The WA State Attendance Law and the district attendance policy is as follows:
WA State Attendance law requires the school to schedule a conference with the parent for those students who have accumulated 3 unexcused absences and/or 5 excused absences in a 30 day period.
The district requires parents to provide a doctors' note for any student who accumulates more than 7 excused or unexcused absences.
Drop off and pick up
Pick up: Students may be picked up as early as 3:55pm on normal dismissal days and 2:25pm on early dismissal days in your students classroom. Teachers walk their class to the bus starting at 4:00pm and 2:30pm on early dismissal. You may pick your student up in front of the school after 4:00pm on normal dismissal and after 2:30pm on early dismissal days.
Detailed bus information is now available on line at http://www.fpschools.org/elinkrp/. Guest is the username and password.