Sprague High Weekly Oly Updates
A weekly newsletter focusing on all things Sprague!
May 10, 2022
For the month of April we want to recognize students who are engaging in behaviors that “Shows Service to Others”. “Showing Service Towards Others” means putting the needs of others above your needs. These individuals have shown their OLY Pride by giving back to their peers and their school.
Attention Sprague Students - We Want to Hear from You! (repeat info from last week)
May/June Bell Schedule
- May 20th - No School
- May 30th - No School, Holiday
- June 1st - 3rd - Finals for Seniors (only)
- June 3rd - Athena Games Unified Assembly (during Oly Prep)
- June 3rd - Last Day of School for Seniors
- June 14th - 16th - Semester 2 Finals
- June 16th - Last Day of School
Upcoming Athletic Events
Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Information (repeat info from last week)
AP Exam Tips & Reminders
Note when and where your exam is and starts. Note that AM exams start at 8:00 AM, prior to the start of school, and PM exams may run until 4:00 PM, after school is out. On certain days when there are students with both AM and PM sessions, please arrive 15 minutes early. Please check the calendar carefully. Please plan accordingly.
- 2 sharpened No. 2 pencils with erasers (for multiple choice answer sheets).
- 2 black or blue ink pens, for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions.
- Up to 2 calculators with the necessary capabilities if taking a Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics or Statistics exam. Visit apstudents.org/courses and click on the link for specific calculator policies.
- A ruler or straightedge only if taking the Physics exam.
- A school ID or driver’s license (photo ID).
Do NOT bring:
- Electronic equipment of any kind: phones, smartwatches, or wearable technology of any kind, laptops, tablet computers, Bluetooth devices, portable listening or recording devices - MP3 player, iPod, etc - cameras or other photographic equipment, devices that can access the internet, separate times or any type, and any other electronic or communication devices.
- Books, compasses, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, or notes.
- Mechanical pencils, No. 3 pencils, or colored pencils.
- Scratch paper or notes
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions
- Watches that beep or have an alarm
- Food or drink
- Clothing or shoes with subject-related information
- Ear plugs
The 2022 AP Exam Terms & Conditions are available to review at cb.org/apexamterms.
This agreement details the rules and policies students must follow related to taking the 2022 AP Exams.
- Students will need to accept these terms and conditions on their AP answer sheet, prior to taking each exam.
- Any updates to the terms and conditions will be clearly summarized on the terms and conditions page.
Class of 2022 Graduation Information (repeat info from last week)
Please check out the Oly Senior Scoop for important information about graduation and upcoming events. This newsletter was emailed out to all Class of 2022 graduates and their families on Monday, April 11th.
Summer School Information (repeat info from last week)
Summer Credit Recovery will be offered in-person starting on Tuesday, June 28th through Friday, July 22nd for students in grades 9, 10, and 11. Classes will be held in-person, Tuesday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. through 11:30 a.m. (no classes on Monday).
Summer credit recovery classes are for students wishing to earn credit for classes that they have failed previously. Grade repair is not available through this program.
All classes will be hosted at Crossler Middle School due to construction at Sprague. All classes will be taught by Sprague staff.
Deadline for signing up for summer school is Friday, May 27, 2022. Summer school classes fill up quickly and spots are limited!
You are welcome to choose multiple classes but will only be enrolled in one course at the beginning of summer school. When successfully recover one course, you will be enrolled in another. Please click on this link to access our on-line application:
Courses offered include:
- English: English 9 Comp, English 9 Lit, English 10 Comp, English 10 Lit, English 11 Lit, English 11 Comp
- Math: Algebra 1, semester 1 & 2; Geometry, semester 1 & 2; Algebra 2, semester 1 & 2
- Social Studies: World Social Science, semester 1 & 2; 20th Century 2, semester 1 & 2; American Government and Economics
- Science: NGSS Physics, semester 1 & 2; Biological Systems, semester 1 & 2
For more information, Gretchen Hall-Wunderlich, Summer Program Coordinator at email@example.com