LHS Counselor Newsletter
Back to School 2023-2024
Welcome Back Farmers!
AUGUST 9th @ 8:20
Plan ahead for your first day of classes. Bring your school supplies, charged iPad, make time for parking and finding your way to your 1st period class.
See you soon!
If you are new to SMORES Newsletters
LHS New Student Orientation---Juniors and New Seniors
MESSAGE FROM YOUR COUNSELORS
Student schedules will be available in Skyward on Monday, August 7th.
As is the case at the start of each school year, counselors will be enrolling new students as well as replying to emails (best format of communication at this time). We will answer your email as soon as possible.
In order to make sure that we respond to your email in a sequential manner, we kindly ask you to please try and add your main point in the subject line (i.e. schedule) and reply to the same email thread, otherwise, we might miss some of your most recent messages when reaching out to you.
Here is a list of reasons for requesting a schedule correction/change:
- An error in the schedule of your course: Ex: two classes in the same period, short classes (less than 8), sequencing problems (Span. 2 before Span. 1), missing a failed course needed for graduation, you have a scheduled course completed previously; i.e. in the summer or last year.
- Change level of a course. Ex. On level to Honor or AP.
- Balancing cores in your schedule. Ex: 2 cores in the fall and 2 cores in the spring. (per class availability)
- Program/Placement issues: Ex: a requested change out of or into athletics, a fine arts program, ROTC, Real Estate, INCubator, etc. ***If applicable Director or Coaches approval is required***
Some things to keep in mind when looking at your schedule:
- If a course that you requested conflicted with a core class, then one of your alternates was used.
- Each course has a building number associated with it as well as period and room number. We are a TRIAD (3 campuses) with two Technology, Exploration and Career Centers. A total of 5 campuses where your courses ‘could’ be held.
- Here is how you know where to go (building number associated with each of your courses)
- 001 is LHS
- 009 is Killough
- 014 is Harmon
- 003 is Career Center East
- 011 is Career Center West
Once on campus, please head to the cafeteria area to catch your bus to your destination.
Thank you for your patience and for your continued support!
Last Names A-CE
Last Names CH-GN
Last Names GO-K
Last Names: L-M
Last Names: N-R
Last Names: S-Z
College & Career Counselor
Dual Credit Liaison
Student Assistance Counselor
Keep Connected with Us!
Lewisville HS Twitter Feed
LHS StuCo Twitter Feed
Lewisville HS School Website
Student Canvas Login Instructions
There are two easy ways for a student to log in to Canvas, through the Canvas student app, and through the Learning Hub. The Learning Hub link is available through the Student Resources page on the lisd.net website, and will automatically log the student into Canvas when they select the link.
To log in via the app:
Open the Canvas – Student app
Select Find my school
Start typing out Lewisville ISD in the search field (inred) and select it when it comes up (in blue)
The student should see the in the login field- showing LISD
The student needs to log in with their LISD username and password (not their email address)
2023-2024 LHS Bell Schedule
Meet Your Counselor and Administrator
NORTEX College Fair
Information will be made available soon for the NorTex College Fair 2023 in September
Representatives from more than 150 colleges and universities from Texas and around the country will provide admissions, financial aid, housing, scholarship and other information at this year's NorTex College Fair.
LHS/District College and Career Events
LHS- Scholarship Camp- Saturday September 30th (AM)LHS Trade/ Career Fair- TBD (October)
LHS- FASFA/ TASFA Camp- TBD (November)
LHS- CollegeFair- TBD (late January early February)
LISD HBCU- TBD (April)
College Rep Lunch Visits
Helpful LHS Resources
Homepage LHS Counseling
Link to reoccurring Scholarships
Registrar Last names A-M
Registrar Last names N-Z
LHS Testing Webpage: https://www.lisd.net/Page/9335
Community in Schools Site Coordinator