Thursday - May 12th, 2022
A Message From Principal Landgrave...
Next Friday’s Talent Show will take place in the gym at 2:30 and the Art Fair will follow until 4:00 pm. Our hope is that parents will come early to watch the talent show and stay to view all the beautiful artwork the children have produced this year.
Congratulations to our track athletes. They performed well in the bright hot sun on Monday.
The end of the year Block Party is Saturday, June 4th, 10 am-1:30 pm. We want to thank all the parents who have volunteered, however, we need many more. We need many hands to help make this event memorable for the children who have worked hard all year long, AND we want to make it exciting for prospective families. Below there is a link to sign-up to volunteer.
To make this end of the year event special (and free to the public) we are asking families to donate the following items:
Preschool classrooms - - individual bags of chips, pretzels, and cookies
Kindergarten/1st - - hot dog buns
Grades 2 and 3 - - Six-pack cans of soda
Grades 4 and 5 - - ketchup, mustard, and relish
Grades 6-7-8 - - plates, napkins, plastic table cloths
Please drop the donated items off Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, May 31,
June 1 and 2. THANK YOU!
Please - invite your extended family, friends, neighbors, and church families.
- Friday, May 20th - - School Talent Show 2:30 and Art Fair 3-4 pm
- Tuesday, May 24th - - Athletics Banquet 3:30
- Friday, May 27th - - Last Day of classes for Preschool
- Tuesday, May 31st - - Preschool 4 ceremony 6 pm
- Thursday, June 2nd - - Last Day - Chapel at 9:30, dismissal 11:30 am, 8th Grade Graduation 6:00 pm.
- Saturday, June 4th - - End of the year block party 10 am -1:30 pm
- Summer Camp begins Monday, June 13, 2022 - Come join the Fun in the Sun.
Principal of the Day - Madison L.
Hard Hat Recipient: Nissi Prahlad - Grade 2
2022-2023 Tuition Assistance Application is now open.
-If you have an account just log in
-If not - - go to create an account
While Preschool is not included in financial assistance, you may apply if you have a child in our K-8 program and a child in our preschool program. Consideration will be given for the child in the K-8 program.’
Applications will not be considered until all information is provided and approved by the tuition company.
Please note, current families who have paid the upcoming registration deposit, are considered first - so it is imperative that you finish all paperwork ASAP, as our priority due date of March 18th, has now passed.
Lutheran Schools League Track Meet - Go Bobcats!
Summer Camp...Now Enrolling - Apply Online!
Did You Know???
Enjoying the Warm Weather
A Note from our Director of Marketing & Enrollment - Mrs. Bateman
- Christian. Our faith gives us a worldview in which we see God active in the world around us. For this reason, faith and education go hand in hand. Our teachers set an example of mature faith for our students. Every classroom has daily devotions and the whole school participates in weekly chapel services.
- Private, Independent and Traditional. We are proud to provide our students with a classic and traditional education. Because we are a private education institution, we have the ability to search for the best curriculum for our students. While at the same time keeping up with new educational needs.
- Ideal Student-to-Teacher Ratio. Because of our ideal student-to-teacher ratio, each student at our school receives the individual attention that they need. For those students who may need some additional tutoring or special education care, we have education specialists who travel to our school, on a weekly basis as needed, to give those students that extra help they need.
- Opportunity. We want our students to be well-rounded. At BIA, our students have many opportunities to participate in a wide range of activities such as athletics, art Club, talent show, community service projects, and much more.
- Parental Involvement. Another advantage of BIA is our ability to welcome parental involvement throughout the school year. We understand the importance of the presence of parents helping out in our classrooms, attending our weekly chapel services, and supporting our after-school events. YOU are a very important piece of the education process!
Secure a spot for your child in our summer camp today! Sign up for one, or all 8 of the weeks...you pick what works for your family. Camp Hours are 9-3 and a half or full-day options are available. Reserve your spot while there is availability! Use this link for direct access to our online registration. https://www.biachicago.com/summer-camp-application If you are unable to register online, please contact the school office for assistance.
We so appreciate you sharing your BIA experience with friends and neighbors. If you have family or friends who are interested, please direct them to me (email@example.com) or have them call the school office. We'd love an introduction, and as always, are thankful for your help in spreading the word about BIA.
Thought of the Week:
Be the person that makes others feel special. Be known for your kindness and grace.
Chapel with Principal Landgrave
Chapel Offerings This Month Support...
The April offering has been designated for Haiti Water Project. The Water Project, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization unlocking human potential by providing reliable water projects to communities in sub-Saharan Africa who suffer needlessly from a lack of access to clean water and proper sanitation. Since 2006, we have been helping communities gain access to clean, safe water by providing training, expertise, and financial support for water project construction through our staff and implementing partners.
Consider sending our supporters a Thank You!
I urge parents to send thank you letters to the following organizations that generously provide funds to keep the BIA education affordable.
CLEF - 861 S. Church Road, Besenville, IL. 60106
English District - 33100 Freedom Road, Farmington, MI. 48336
Bethesda Lutheran Church - 6803 N. Campbell Avenue, Chicago, IL. 60645