Saint Rita News
April 25, 2021
Dear Saint Rita Families,
We are nearing the end of the 2020-2021 school year. As we approach the last weeks of school, please remember to check your email and the school website for updates to the calendar. As you know we have had to adapt our traditions and schedules to provide a safe environment for all in our community, and we will continue following our safety protocols for the remainder of the school year.
Some upcoming events that will be a little different this year have been listed below for your planning purposes.
- National Junior Honor Society Induction will be via Zoom on Friday, May 7 at 9 a.m. Invitations have been sent to parents via email.
- The Spring Concert will be streamed via Facebook Live (More information to follow.)
- Candle Mass will be Friday, May 14 with limited attendance. (More information to follow for 7th and 8th grade parents.)
- Field Day will be Tuesday, May 18.
- 8th Grade Graduation will be Thursday, May 20.
- Academic, Sports and Service awards will be distributed on the last day of school, May 25, or at the 8th Grade Graduation (for 8th graders only).
We do not have an approved calendar for the 2021-2022 school year yet. We anticipate the first day of school will be Thursday, August 12. As soon as our calendar has been approved, it will be distributed.
Mrs. Mary Burns
STUDENT/PARENT INFORMATIONAL ZOOM MEETING Sunday, April 25, 2021 6:00 p.m.
We are starting to prepare for next year's shows.
Work with the animals begins in the summer.
If you are interested in showing animals (goats, chickens, pigs, lambs, rabbits, steers) with FWDTC-4H next school year, 2021-2022, please attend the informational zoom meeting led by Emily Breclaw from Nolan Catholic High School
Sunday, April 25 at 6:00 p.m.
All students interested must have a parent or guardian attend with them.
- Financial and time commitments of animal projects
- Places to keep animal projects
- Spring show opportunities
- Expectations of students and families participating in animal projects on campus and off-campus
Zoom Meeting Info
Join Emily Breclaw via Zoom here.
Scholarship Opportunity for the 2021-2022 School Year
St. Rita Catholic School is pleased to offer scholarship awards in memory of Kate Shropshire, St. Rita Class of 1992. Students entering grades 1-8 in the 2021-2022 year with a strong interest and academic performance in science are encouraged to apply. All applicants must complete and submit the annual Grant & Aid application in FACTS to be considered for this need-based scholarship. Completed applications must be turned into the office no later than Friday, May 7. See the attached application form. Students may request a copy from the school office.