Alexis France 5-4-16
The Watergate Hotel is located in Washington D.C
5 facts of his involvement
- Nixon offers to give a summary but the summary was offer is rejected by Mr.cox is ordered to drop the case.
- Nixon does not comply an appeal to none of the subpoenas and orders with regards to surrendering the tapes this happened in 1973
- Nixon signs a letter of resignation and vice president Gerald ford becomes president
- In 2005 the informant who provided reporters Carl Bernstein and Bob woodward with insider information during the watergate scandel.
- There was five men arrested in 1972 for breaking into Democratic National Committee headquarters in the Watergate com[plex in Washington, DC white house press secretary Rin Ziegler this incident was classified as a third rate burglary.
2 Paragraphs and some events or people of that time period
Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon for all the crime's or may have committed that he did with the watergate while in office. He was never prosecuted the American politics was changed forever. Which this lead many Americans to question them about their leadership.
- There was a cover-up after the break-in he tried to have a cover up by providing billions of dollars as "hush money"
- Nixon had secretly taped every conversation that took place in the Oval office
- On August 5, Nixon released the tapes, which provided undeniable evidence of his complicity in the watergate crimes.