Friday, September 4, 2015
A little note from Mrs. Pistel
Truth, Justice, and the Charger Way!
If you have not already, please take time to review the district, school,classroom, and PBS handbooks. Please feel free to call with questions or concerns. My plan time is a great time to contact me. I am usually available from 8:25 until 9:05. Don't hesitate to call, leave a message or email me!
- "Reading is Thinking" and I can do my best thinking when it is silent.
- I can choose a book I will enjoy!
- I can choose Just Right (JR) books.
- I can write about my thinking during reading and share (Buzz) effectively with my partner.
- I can "think" like and learn from writers.
- I can collect ideas or "seeds" and information from my world and experiences.
- I can choose a seed and begin a story using Draft paper correctly.
- I can cooperatively work with my team while playing many different basic fact practice games.
- I can recall with automaticity my basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts.
- I can read, write, and sequence numbers up to 100,000.
- I can solve subtraction problems accurately and efficiently, choosing from a variety of strategies.
Word Study Targets
- No unit this week!
Science/Social Studies Targets
- I can identify Scientific Process skills.
- I can identify and describe the steps in the Scientific Method.
- I can plan and conduct an investigation when a testable question has been identified.
Items added to your student's Data Binder:
- Math Pre-Assessment
- Math Unit Newsletter
- Classroom Handbook
Please look at the data binder each week. This section of the newsletter will identify what has been added to the binder for the week.
The binder will go home Tuesday!
Mark your calendar!
- Today, students heard a presentation about joining Orchestra. Ask your child and complete the required paperwork if interested.
- Our Moreau Heights PTO fundraiser will conclude on Friday, September 18th. Items will be delivered on Wednesday, October 14.
- No School, Monday, September 7, 2015!
- Papa John's Pizza Night, September 10th.
- PTO Meeting, September 15th at 6:30.
- PBS Assembly, September 25th, wear red!
- PTO Mum and Pumpkin Sale, September 26th.
Moreau Heights Elementary School
We are safe, respectful, and responsible!