Staff and Partner Bulletin March 17, 2016
This Week at REA
The Week in the REA Community .
Monday, March 14, 2016 (A Day)
8:30-9:25- Hunter in Orange Pod First Floor
Tuesday, March 15, 2016 (B Day)
IDES OF MARCH- BEWARE OF BACKSTABBERS
7:30 Monthly Health Center Meeting
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Orange Pod Second Floor
2:00 Reading with the Principal
4:00 Curriculum Council
After School 2nd and 3rd Cooking Club
Wednesday, March 16, 2016 (A Day)
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Green Pod Second Floor
EMIS Training for Clerical- Will be out of building
Data Meetings will be on schedule4:00 Weekly Admin Meeting- Data Room
After School K-1st Cooking Club -4th-8th Goal Getter Character Club
Thursday, March 17, 2016 (A DAY)
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Blue/Yellow Pod Second Floor
8:00 Accountability Committee
8:00 PD Committee
8:00- Myers out of building with Principal Leadership
After School -4th-8th Cooking Club-2nd-3rd Civic Garden Club -Whiz Kids Tutoring
Friday, March 18, 2016 (B Day)
11:00 Parent meeting with N. Seybold Students- Conference Room
2:00 Myers out of building to meet with Dr. Lofton
Next Week At REA
Monday: Great American Meeting 4:00
Tuesday-Friday: Dr. Harris out of building-Columbus
Tuesday: 7:55- Staff Meeting
Tuesday: 4:30- Leadership Scholars
Wednesday: 7:30 Learning Teams
Wednesday: Data Meetings
Wednesday: 8:00-11:00 ILT Training Ed Center- Myers and ILT chair
Thursday: Myers Out of Building\
Thursday: Literacy Night
Thursday: 4:30-7:30 Parent Conferences
Friday: Myers out of building
Friday: Team Meetings
Student Led Conferences March 24
1. Each Adviser should call their advisement class parents to invite them to Parent Conferences on March 24.
2. In elementary, please be sure that you are calling key parents for the student led conferences.
Student Led Conferences Procedure
1. Please be sure that you are completing the forms needed as per your team. SEventh and eighth grade are putting everything in Google Classroom, HIgh School is using paper, Elementary, please check with your team leaders.
2. Please be sure you are practicing with the students both in your classroom and in advisory.
3. Each teacher needs to be sure that they are aware of the google calendar that is created for high school and middle school.
Each pod is going to be supported by a staff member. Here are the assignments
1st Floor Blue, Yellow, Green- Tracy Bishop's staff and Deb Pendley
1st Floor Orange Pod-Erik Thomas
2nd Floor Blue Pod- Melissa Green
2nd Floor Orange Pod- Amy Estepp
2nd Floor Green Pod- Jason Dearwester
The person assigned to the pod area are to look at the calendar and schedule parents. They could speak with them about various aspects of the school such as reviewing optioning, reviewing child's grades, reviewing items about Riverview. Yellow Pod second floor- Science Teachers should position themselves in other pods. Mr. Smith and Ms. Britt have small numbers of families that this should not be an issue.
Learning Teams Next Week- Parent Conferences Next Week
Operation Hawk and Passes
Links to Staff Meeting information
Advisory Update NEW
THIS IS THE LINK. Students also got a copy of it in email.
All students 7-12 should take the survey. The survey counter will determine which students have taken the survey. Please be sure to review this with your students.
We are working on how to get the elementary students to take the survey. Thank you for getting this done.
1. Not your problem, but we are having an increasingly difficult time getting subs. This is a district problem. Almost every principal mentions this as a big issue.
2. Your colleagues are often picking up the pace when you are absent. Please consider them.
3. If you have been absent more than ten days, you may be required to provide a doctor's note. Please read CBA page 35.
4. If you are telling us your reason for absence is of a personal nature, you must use personal leave. You cannot tell us your refrigerator broke down, and you need a sick day. That is not a reason for a sick day.
5. According to the Staff Handbook, no more than three personal leave days will be approved on a particular day. Please note, March 25 has reached that limit.
Above all, be healthy, and take steps to ensure that you are healthy, but be patient when you return as you were missed by your colleagues and students. When you return it is often like starting the whole year over again. Students sometimes feel betrayed that "you left them." We all know that is not your intention, but please be patient. Thank you.
Thursday, April 14th, 6pm
3555 Kellogg Avenue
Please see the attached link to the flyer being sent home.
Cycle 2 Evaluations
Learning Teams- Literacy Night Follow Up
Leadership Scholars Parent Academy
Leadership Scholars Parent Academy: The Parent Academy is beginning on Tuesday, March 8th. This means that the cafeteria will be used starting at 5:00. This year's program is geared towards high school students. Parents from grades 5 -12 were called and encouraged to attend the program. Please do what you can to encourage parents to attend this academy. It helps our parents with valuable information. Additionally, the following caller went out on Sunday night:
This is Mrs. Myers calling to remind you of our first Leadership Scholars Night which begins on Tuesday, March 8th. We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday to take part in this great program. This program helps parents learn about ways to ensure your child's access to college and other opportunities. Please consider coming out to learn about this program. Dinner, babysitting and transportation are all provided. Please consider attending..
Please help with uniform enforcement, and the small things to help us avoid the big things :)
Path C Grant
PLEASE DO NOT LET STUDENTS OUT EARLY DURING SEVENTH BELL TO RETURN COMPUTERS. THEY NEED TO DO IT WHEN THE BELL RINGS. STUDENTS ARE NOT TO BE DISMISSED BEFORE THE BELL.
Advisory Signs are in. Once Laminated, please make sure you hang them in your classroom.
State CWT information-
One Negative Nancy about this process is providing teachers with feedback. We met with as an administrative team and decided that we would put a small sheet on your desk that is a "Why You're Awesome" sheet. It will list positives and challenges. If there are many challenges, someone will speak with you personally. If there are challenges for the entire school, we decided to put some helpful hints in the bulletin as a form of feedback. Keep in mind, we will be discussing our issues as a school in our BLT - or Building Leadership Team- or as we call it an ILT.
Professional Development Opportunities
Upcoming Mayerson Classes from the PD Committee:
Co-teaching Roundtable: Interested in learning about co-teaching. Here are some dates to keep in mind:
3/9/16: Instruction and Strategies
4/13/16: Data Collection
5/11/16: Becoming a Co-Teaching Model in Your Building