October 10, 2021
Welcome to Fall!
Important Information & Reminders:
- Tomorrow, Oct. 11th starts the 2nd grading period which also means Dress Code change. No more wearing shorts to school.
- Is your Skyward information up to date? What does that even mean? Log in and check the following areas to see if YOU pass the test in case your child needs you: your phone number(s), your email address, emergency contacts besides yourself with accurate phone numbers and home your address. If you need help updating this important information, please call 765-482-5950.
- Did you get a bill for textbooks? Below is information on how to apply for assistance. You may not need to apply if you receive Medicaid or living with someone could qualify you for McKinney Vento. Not sure? Email myself or our secretary, Mrs. Light at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Facebook for important reminders and information as well as all of the awesome things going on at school.
- Attendance is very important. There is no replacement for missing lessons and skills taught by our teachers. Please keep this in mind when thinking about missing school for getaways and vacations. A handbook reminder that these types of absences are unexcused unless approved beforehand by the principal. If an absence is needed, parents must call the school's attendance line before 9:00 a.m. If you don't communicate with the school, your child is considered truant. Once a child misses 10 days truant/unexcused we will file paperwork for truancy with the court and file a report with DCS for parent educational neglect.
- Grades will be posted this Friday, October15th at 4:00
- School picture day is this Thursday, October 14th. All students should have brought home a flyer with the date and information on how to order. It's also posted on Facebook.
Your partner in education,
Mrs. Sollman, Principal
Fall Break is Coming Up!
Make sure to mark your calendars for Fall Break. It's the last full week of October the 25th thru the 29th!
Proof of Residency
We have several families that need to provide proof of residency to us at school. We are required to have some type of proof in student's perm files of where they are living. This can be any type of bill with the guardian's name and address within the last 30 days. You can either send a copy to school with your child or send our office staff an electronic copy. Email our secretary Mrs. Light at email@example.com
Did you get a bill for textbook fees? It's not too late to apply for assistance. Log into Skyward, choose the dropdown box to select one of your kids, then click on Food Service on the lefthand side. On the upper right side click on application and then add application. From there complete all of the steps with information about your family and most importantly on one of the last steps is a dropdown box for textbook assistance. It defaults to "No" so you need to choose "Yes". As always, if you need assistance or a computer to use, please call our office 765-482-5950.