Art City Eagles
September 20, 2021
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please contact your child's teacher, call the office or email me - email@example.com.
FUNDRAISER: Please join us on Friday, Sept. 24 from 4:30 to sunset. It is going to be SO much fun!!! Our PTA is working so hard for our school, and we can't do it with out YOU! We need your support. Our PTA funds so many things for our school - Great Artist Program, supporting and helping with costs for our school musical, teacher appreciation, parent conference dinner for teachers, technology support for students, Reflections, Red, Green, White Ribbon Week, Kindness Month, Val-O-Grams, 5th Grade End of Year Celebration, Field Day at the end of the year, and so much more. These programs would not be possible without the generous donations and support from parents with PTA fundraising. Art City PTA is with out a doubt the BEST!!! They work so hard for our students. Please come out and have a great evening while supporting Art City! If you are unable to attend on the 24th and would like to support our PTA, a donation will be greatly appreciated.
We need your help!!! Please click on this link and donate to our Chalk Walk Art Festival. We can't do it without you! We are requesting donations for the items on this Signup Genius (https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0E4FAAAF2FABFA7-fundraiser). They can be dropped off at the front office, Erin Anderson's home, or Leanna Hunt's home.
We have found that the candy is the best deal at Sam's Club. The chips, drinks, and water can be purchased from a grocery store or a bigger store like Sam's or Costco.
Thank you so much for your help! We can't wait to see you there!
PE this week:
Music this week:
Computers this week: Finishing up Internet Safety lessons.
Library this week: The younger grades will take a tour of our non fiction section, build a character as we read a story, and finish our tall tale unit with a make and take of Paul Bunyan.
The older grades get to go on a hunt with the Dewey Decimal System, learn some interesting facts about the Presidents while discovering the US history section of our library, and try out their new found skills using the district library program.
Updated COVID Information: The Utah County Health Department has asked us to share the attached document. It contains information about their updated process for using the “Automatic Contact Tracing” system to notify parents of 6-12 grade families about potential COVID-19 exposure and quarantine. They will also use this system on a more limited basis in K-5 grades.
Sept. 24: PTA Fundraiser - Chalk Festival
Oct. 5: Emergency Drill
Oct. 5: Student Council to attend conference at BYU
Oct. 8: Stand Strong Day
Oct. 13: 4th Grade field trip to This Is The Place
Oct. 14-15: Fall Break - No School
Oct. 18-21: Book Fair
Oct. 20: Picture re-take/make up day
Oct. 21: Parent Conferences
Oct. 22: No School Parent Conference Comp Day
Oct. 25-29: Olympic Safety Week (Red, Green, White Ribbon weeks recognized)
Oct. 29: Halloween Celebrated
November: Celebrating Gratitude Month
Nov. 3: PTA Arts Night at Springville Museum of Art - Free - More info coming
Nov. 4: Emergency Drill
Nov. 10: Art City to present at School Board Meeting
Nov. 17: BYU Basketball Day - Grades 1-5 attending BYU Women's Basketball game
Nov. 24-26: No School - Thanksgiving Break
COVID/Before and After School/Lunch Procedures
- Masks are NOT required. Any adult or student that prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so. Those who wish to wear a mask will have our full support.
- As per Health Department instruction, time limits in the lunchroom will continue. Students will have 14 minutes in the lunchroom. We will continue to have outside picnic days for lunch as weather permits. Outside picnic days are so much fun, and students are not held to a time limit since they are spread out on the lawn.
- We will continue to enter and exit from outside classroom doors. This helps us prevent large gatherings in the lobby. As much as possible, please have your children arrive between 8:35-8:45 unless they are eating breakfast. Teachers will be at their outside door to welcome their students at 8:35 each morning. The playground is open, and supervision begins at 8:20.
- Breakfast service begins at 8:15. Students may come right in the front doors and go into the cafeteria to have breakfast. Service ends at 8:40. After students finish eating they may go outside to play on the playground.
- If a positive case of COVID occurs in a class, parents will receive an email letter from our school nurse. The letter will contain recommendations for students in that class.
- Students who test positive or have a family member living in the home they reside that tests positive, will need to quarantine. Teachers will provide instruction for students who are on quarantine.
- Water fountains are on and can be used. Students may still bring a water bottle if they wish.
- Sanitizing will continue! Sanitizing stations are in each classroom, by the lunchroom door, in the lobby and in the office. Teachers will continue to have students sanitize at the beginning of the day, when coming in from recess, before and after lunch and anytime a student uses the restroom.
8:15-8:40 A.M.: Teacher Preparation Time
8:15 am: Doors unlocked
8:15 Breakfast Begins
8:20 A.M.: Outside Duty Begins
8:40 A.M.: First Bell/End of Breakfast Service/End of Outside Supervision
8:45 A.M.: Tardy Bell/ School Starts
2:15 P.M. Monday Dismissal
3:00 P.M.: Tuesday-Friday Dismissed
11:25-12:00 P.M.: 1st Grade Lunch
11:35-12:10 P.M.: 2nd Grade Lunch
11:40-12:15 P.M.: 3rd Grade Lunch
11:45-12:20 P.M.: 4th Grade Lunch
11:50-12:25 P.M.: 5th Grade Lunch
AM: 8:45-11:20 Daily
PM: 12:15-2:15 Monday, 12:15-3:00 Tuesday-Friday
Transitional Kindergarten Schedule
AM: 8:45 - 11:00
PM: 12:00 - 2:15
Tuesday – Friday
AM: 8:45 - 11:20
PM: 12:20 – 3:00
AM Session: 8:30-11 (Tuesday - Friday)
PM Session: 11:30-2:00 (Tuesday - Friday)
Crossing Guard Duty (Springville City Police)
900 East Center