The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 11/4/2018
Language Arts students studied motifs with the help of Taylor Swift!
Academic Team competition at MAST. Taking a quick dinner break before getting back to the competition. Great job, Generals!
This is what champions look like! Congratulations to Ms. Coffey and the Girls Soccer Team!
Halloween experiments in chemistry class!
Awesome and creative costumes in our Halloween parade!
Fabulous crowd for the Boys Soccer Championship game! Great season, Generals!
- Pie Sale! Please support the Eisenhower PTO 2018 Thanksgiving Pie Sale! Orders are due Tuesday, November 13th: http://bit.ly/2EI9XzL
- Gertrude Hawk Chocolates Sale begins tomorrow and runs until Friday, November 16, 2018.
- We are still in need of bagel sale volunteers! If you are able to help out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whenever you shop on Amazon, please use this link to go through AmazonSmile. A portion of each eligible sale will go to the Eisenhower Middle School PTO! Happy Shopping, Generals! https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-2634420
High School Entrance Exam Information
Student IDs for High School Entrance Exams have been created and may be found in Genesis under the documents tab. Or you may print out your child's Genesis Demographic page which should include school name, student name, school year, and picture.
Either form will need to be signed by one of the Eisenhower Guidance Counselors in order to be accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Guidance Office at 732-431-3910 Option 3.
Save the Date: 3rd Annual Pocketbook Bingo & Gift Auction
Thank you for your support!
Mark Your Calendar
- Now through Tuesday, November 13, 2018: PTO Thanksgiving Pie Sale (see the PTO section for the order form)
- Monday, November 5, 2018 through Friday, November 16, 2018: PTO Gertrude Hawk Chocolates Sale (packets will go home with students tomorrow)
- Thursday, November 8 and Friday, November 9, 2018: District Closed
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018: Winter Sports begin
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018: PTO Thanksgiving Pie Sale orders due
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018: Board of Education Meeting @ 8:00pm - 384 W. Main St
- Friday, November 16, 2018: FTEF Monte Carlo Night @ 6:00pm - Eagle Oaks Country Club
- Wednesday, November 21, 2018: Early Dismissal
- Thursday, November 22, 2018: District Closed
- Friday, November 23, 2018: District Closed
- Thursday, November 29, 2018: Picture Makeup Day
- NEW DATE AND TIME - Friday, November 30, 2018: PTO Meeting @ 8:30am
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018: Winter Concerts: 6:00pm Instrumental; 7:15pm Vocal
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018: Board of Education Meeting @ 8:00pm - 384 W. Main St
- Friday, December 21, 2018: Early Dismissal - Winter Recess Begins
- Wednesday, January 2, 2019: District Reopens
Information for 8th Grade Families
We are using the Genesis Parent Portal as a way for you to communicate how you would like your child’s name displayed on his/her 8th grade graduation diploma. Therefore, please follow these instructions:
- Log on to your Genesis Parent Portal account for your 8th grade student
- Click on the "Forms" tab
- Click on the form entitled "Student Name for Diplomas"
- Click into that form and follow the instructions given
Please note that once the form is submitted, you cannot go back and make changes. Diplomas will be ordered based on the information you provide.
THIS FORM NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED BY MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5th. If the form is not completed by Monday, November 5th, we will use their first and last name for their diploma.
Please note that a diploma will not be ordered if your child has any outstanding paperwork to be returned or outstanding fines, including MealTime balances.
Questions? Please email Ms. Ambrose at email@example.com
8th Grade Information: High School Opportunities
As you may be aware, there are a number of programs that your student may choose to apply to for high school. Please note that these programs are completely optional. Each student will be registered with the high school that he/she is districted to attend regardless of whether or not they apply to one of these programs or a private school.
Earlier this month, a representative from the Freehold Regional High School District was here to present the Magnet Programs and the International Baccalaureate Program offered. Linked below are the presentation and handouts from that assembly. For further information, please visit frhsdmagnetprograms.com.
In addition, there are a number of Career Academies that are a part of the Monmouth County Vocational School District. Linked below is the brochure. For additional information, please visit https://www.mcvsd.org.
Please take the opportunity to review these programs in more detail and attend the open houses as indicated in the coming weeks.
- FRHDS Magnet Program Presentation: http://bit.ly/2OijLnO
- FRHDS Magnet Program 8th Grade Presentation: http://bit.ly/2QevCAs
- MCVSD Career Academy Brochure: http://bit.ly/2xVOMU5
- FTHS IB Diploma Program: Students districted for Colts Neck HS, Freehold HS, Freehold Township HS, Manalapan HS, and Marlboro HS are invited to attend the IB Info Session at FTHS on November 13. Students districted for Howell HS are invited to attend the IB Info Session at HHS on November 28. Following is the FTHS IB Diploma Program informational flyer: http://bit.ly/2Jfzsaj