すいようび - Wednesday
Culture Discussion Due
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
- Henry Ford
This is one of my most favorite quotes of all time, and it has inspired me go far, dream big and make things happen, even when it looked the the odds were stacked against me. With a positive attitude you'll find that when you believe you can, you DO!
So many of you have a great "can do" attitude and week after week I see so many of you doing exceptional work on your assignments. If you are in this camp, keep up the great work and positive attitude during the last 3.5 weeks of the course.
Are you one of the "can't do" students? Have you given up hope because you feel you're too far behind?
No matter where you are with the course today, and regardless of how ever many missing assignments you may have, it is still possible to pass this 9 weeks as long as work begins NOW.
Please send me an email or call/text me today and let's make a plan to help you succeed in class. You can do it!!!
Submit L12 Culture Discussion + 2 Comments Today
- Post your L12 Cultural Discussion Post today
- Remember that you must submit 2 comments to your classmates' posts to get full credit!
- Posts should be at least 2-3 paragraphs long with around 4-6 sentences in each paragraph.
- Response posts should be thoughtful, at least 2 sentences, and must add to and/or promote further discussion,
- Good quality posts and 2 quality responses will earn you 20/20 on this assignment.
End of Course Project - Japan Travel Brochure
- Write 10 tips, or small pieces of information, based on what you learned in the culture notes and discussion from lessons 1 through 13.
- Remember the audience for your brochure! What will students need to know when they travel to Japan?
We've been having cultural discussions each week on Wednesdays since the start of lesson 1. (hint hint) ;)
Think about some of the things discussed in the Cultural Discussion class. There are lots of things you may want to include in your travel brocure related to prior cultural discussions. If you're having trouble coming up with ideas for this part of the projet, check out some posts of your fellow classmates from prior weeks. Cultural discussion posts are a goldmine of great ideas - go check em out!
Christine W., Miranda G., Antonio B., Shadow M., Adriana D., India K., Samuel K.
By now, I should see everyone's name on this list though! If your name is not on this list, please submit today!
Extra shout out to Christine W. who used this super cute meme in her speaking assignment from lesson 11 and totally made my day! :D
Submit Any Missing Assignments
Today: Click on the My Grades tab and see if you have any assignments marked with a 0 or no submission. If you see any, make a note of what you're missing and submit it today. If you are missing several, submit as many as you can today.
Contact Boutin Sensei
I can also be reached by these contacts outside of office hours, and am sometimes on BBIM evenings and weekends.