Welcome to KATFACS
Goal 1: Program Improvement
Foster excellence in Family and Consumer Sciences Programs.
- Develop Family and Consumer Sciences programs relevant to the needs and concerns of today’s rapidly changing society with emphasis on empowering individuals, strengthening families, enabling communities, and preparation for career in Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Emphasize the interrelationship of family and work.
- Promote the development of career preparation in all Family and Consumer Sciences curriculum areas.
Goal 2: Professional Development
Promote professional involvement and foster the development of leadership skills among members.
- Encourage increased member involvement and leadership development.
- Provide resources for continuous improvement of Family and Consumer Sciences programs.
- Recognize members, businesses, corporations, and other individuals for outstanding contributions to Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
Goal 3: Marketing Family & Consumer Sciences Education
Enhance the public perception of Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
- Utilize marketing strategies to inform the public of the conceptual framework of Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
- Communicate the involvement of the membership at the national level to local and state administrators.
Goal 4: Membership Growth
Promote membership growth and strengthen services to members.
- Increase membership through recruitment of new members and retention of current members.
- Provide membership services that are important to members.
Goal 5: Policy Development
Advocate national public policy to benefit Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
- Work for stronger support of Family and Consumer Sciences Education with legislators and other policy-making bodies at the local, regional, state, and national levels.
- Support collaborative relationship with other Family and Consumer Sciences organizations to achieve public policy objectives.
- Seek working partnerships with business and industry leaders who can provide support for legislation affecting Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
Want to be involved?
Here is a list of ways to help the KATFACS Organization:
- Serve as a KATFACS Representative in the House of Delegates at Summer Conference
- Serve as a Room Facilitator at Summer Conference or United Conference
- Help out with your district’s assigned committee
- Be a conference/workshop Presenter
- Serve as FCCLA Representative
- Serve as Legislative Representative
- Maintain and distribute the Membership Directory
- Serve on the Executive Council
- Serve as Financial Director (3-year term)
- Run for Secretary (2-year term)
- Run for President Elect
(continue on to President and Past President)
- Serve on one of the K-ACTE Committees:
- Communications (Public Relations/Newsletter)
- T ake a leadership role in K-ACTE
- Take a leadership role in NATFACS
- Take a leadership role in ACTE
Why Become a Member?
-Here are a few of the many reasons why you should become a member of KATFACS today.
- Awards and Recognition for Outstanding Members and Contributors
- Curriculum Development
- Leadership Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Strong Representation
- Updated Information
- Working relations with other divisions of ACTE
- State and National Publications
- ACTE Techniques Magazine
– Publicity and Promotion for Programs and Services of FACS Education
New members will need to fill out a New Member Application. A link to the form is available below. It is in pdf format and is downloadable to print from your computer. You will need to mail the applicationit to: K-ACTE, Attention: Kari Presley, 1200 S.W. Tenth Avenue, Topeka, Kansas 66604.
This form is for NEW MEMBERS ONLY, NOT for renewing members. If you have any questions, please contact the K-ACTE office and speak to Kari Presley.
All members who wish to renew their membership with the K-ACTE will receive an invoice from the National Association for Career & Technical Education. Current members should NOT mail payment for membership renewal to the state chapter.