BEGINNING CELLO LESSONS
Introductory lessons to the cello for kids 12 and under!
Some Information About the Instructor!
My name is Caroline Allen, I am a 14 year old freshman at Carlsbad High School. I have been playing cello since I first fell in love with the instrument at age 6, and am great with kids of all ages! I love to teach, and firmly believe in the importance of music in a child's life. I think the cello is a very unappreciated instrument among our youth, and if I can help even one child realize a passion for music, then I will feel the most accomplished I have in my entire life. I look forward to meeting you and your young cellist!
Open Dates: June 13th - August 22nd
If you have any questions/concerns, or would like to make your lesson appointments, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lessons will be
- weekly, or every 2 weeks
- 30 minutes per session
Everything a new cellist needs to learn!
- How to hold the instrument and bow
- Basic scales and bowing techniques
- First position notes and fingerings
- Sight-reading in first position
- Key and time signatures
- Beginner rhythms + counting
- And MOST IMPORTANTLY: an appreciation for music!
+If your cellist is interested in joining an orchestra, I will be able to educate them in how to play in a group and the differences between solo playing and playing with others+
What You Will Need:
- An instrument "outfit" - cello, bow, case (pricing information below)
- A cleaning cloth* (can just be an old t-shirt, sock, rag, etc.)
- Suzuki Cello School, Volume 1 - Cello Part (http://www.sharmusic.com/Shop-Shar/Suzuki/Cello-School/Parts/Suzuki-Cello-School-Volume-1---Cello-Part.axd#sthash.GHW9z1HX.dpbs)
- A composition notebook
- A pencil (preferably mechanical) and highlighter
- A tuner and metronome - "metrotuners" are very helpful! (these can also be downloaded on the App Store for free - I use "Free Chromatic Tuner: Pano Tuner" and "Metronome")
- A music stand for practicing at home (only invest in one of these if you will use it!)
*These are sometimes included in the outfit.
+Scale sheets will be provided+
- Lessons will be FREE with the signing off of a volunteering sheet.
- You will NOT be required to BUY a cello, however instruments will NOT be provided, so RENTING or BORROWING from an outside source WILL be necessary.
SOME PLACES TO RENT/BUY YOUR INSTRUMENT FROM:
The Violin Shop: http://theviolinshopsandiego.com/rentals/
Ozzie's Music: http://www.ozziesmusic.com/rentals.php