By: Taylor Sachs
The Persevering Lady Jags
The Unyielding Rose
Combative and Resilience
Leroy lost both of is legs from a train accident when he was a kid. His backpack got stuck in the railroad tracks and got stuck when a train was slowly coming by, his legs got run over.
Paul was born with cerebral palsy so his movement is limited. His disability was unable to let him make art with a paint brush or pencil. In this picture, Paul is creating a very detailed dog with just the top row of keys on the typewriter.
This is a closeup of another dog Paul has made. If you look closely, you can see the pound signs that Paul has used to make the jaw line of the dog. How detailed it is amazes many.
Lee's Life Story
1. Lee’s mother died leaving a husband and seven kids behind.
2. Lee’s father left with seven kids to raise, made the oldest go and live on their own, Lee and his older and younger brother go onto an Orphan Train, and gave away the younger children to family or to family friends.
3. When the Orphan Train reached a city, a young couple adopted Lee’s younger brother.
4. Lee and his older brother got adopted by the same couple.
5. The couple decided to keep Lee’s older brother and gave him away.
6. Lee found a stable home and loving family.