Behavior Related to Poverty
Faculty Meeting - January 12, 2016
Seek first to understand, then to be understood...
Ready-Set-Read... (Erin B.)
Every child has a story... Do you know your students' stories??
Category of Behaviors
Behavior Related to Poverty and Interventions
Pick 3 of the Top Behaviors that you see at PV...
Article: "Working with Students From Poverty: Discipline"
- Jigsaw Activity
Part 1: Read Page 46 – 48 (STOP at “The Language of Negotiation”)
- What is the culture of Poverty?
- What essentials need to be included in an effective discipline program?
Part 2: Read Page 48 (“The Language of Negotiation” – Page 49 (STOP at “Using Metaphor Stories)
- What are the 3 different voices and characteristics of each?
- How can you teach the different voices?
Part 3: Read Page 49 (“Using Metaphor Stories” – end of page)
- How do the voices impact a school setting?
- How do we teach Hidden Rules in the classroom?
Discuss with your table the part of your article and the jigsaw questions you answered.