From Mrs. Hoover
1. Esl teachers tab 4 on the google spreadsheet is due on December 13th.
2. There is a new computer lab tech. Chad is no longer here. Her name is Gloria Davila and she also works at the ECC. She will help until a replacement is hired.
From Mrs. Cristan
You are an amazing CHAMPION! Continue making those connections.
Click on link below, click on blue download, and click on Open…. Enjoy!
STRUCTURED TUTORIALS-STILL SOME SPACE AVAILABLE
Remember these students need to be "bubble kids" for passing since they will be working on grade level programs that target STAAR readiness.
4TH MATH ON MONDAYS
4TH READING ON WEDNESDAYS
POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL 3RD GRADE READING ON THURSDAY
STAAR Interim Assessment Tool-LAST CALL!!!!!!
I know this was not useful last year, BUT it can be an amazing instructional tool if you choose to use it. Here are some facts/info. Please read through and let me and Jeanine know if you want to use the tool with your students (all or a certain group).
- It is available now!
- There are two versions of the test. Intended to be used to see growth over the year. Give "Opportunity 1" in the Fall and "Opportunity 2" in the spring.
- It is not intended to be a "Mock" or Benchmark.
- It does predict level of performance (Approach, Meet, Master) on the STAAR test.
- It is two parts. The student completes part one, then it assigns part 2 based on how they did in part one. This is intended to not waste time and still gives accurate results and differentiates for the student.
- Results are immediate and you can see down to the actual question a student missed!
- We have to register the students (I'm having Jeanine do this now).
- This does have Content and Language supports if needed.
- It is available in Spanish.
- It is the same platform as STAAR so online testers will get familiar.
- You can assign students to lower grade level if you want.
- EVERY item on this tool has been a field tested question on an actual STAAR test.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR STUDENTS THAT ARE STRUGGLING OR WILL BE TAKING ONLINE TESTING IN THE SPRING.
- Not available for Writing at this time.
- Results will be uploaded into DMAC.
Fun Run Sponsors!
Ware looking for business sponsors so we can buy all the kids shirts for our Fun Run. If you know anyone, please see the PDF file attached here!
ELEMENTARY CHRISTMAS PARTY
Friday, Dec. 7th, 7pm
1102 Cornerstone Drive
Corpus Christi, TX
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
6 Family Literacy Night
7 HEB Share Your Christmas Appearance
Elementary Christmas Party at Ainsworth
11 4th Grade Music Performance
9:30 Lopez, Almaraz, Flores
1:45 Ready, McAliley, Falany, Jackson
12 4th Grade Music Performance
9:30 Robinson, Clark, Alvarado
13 Intermediate Helping Hands on Campus 9-10
13 PBIS Meeting After School –Common Area
14 WATCH DOG-ARMANDO VASQUEZ (Benjamin Noland)
I found this document and it has a lot of cool tools to assess your classroom environment. Just click this button to access it.