Arranged Marriages & Censorship
- Divorce rate is only 3% in India where arranged marriages are normal.
- Parents arrange the marriage for you.
- Divorce is unthinkable because your family gets upset or mad because they arranged the marriage for you and you don't like it.
- You get support financially and emotionally from your spouse and their family.
- Spouses were killing each other for dowry.
- Arranged marriage couples are criticized for having a weak will and not capable of making their own decisions.
- Not able to get to know your spouse until after marriage.
- Might not like the person because somebody else arranged you to marry them and they had their own interests in mind.
Censorship Around the World:
- Chinese Government polices Facebook accounts.
- Government reads text messages and listens to phone calls.
- Syrian government banned iPhone because of constant flow of images and videos.
- In Egypt bloggers were arrested for speaking out against the government.
- In Iran people are prohibited from using Google.
- Australia has blocked 500 sites from the citizens.
Not allowed to see some stuff or talk about it due to censorship.
Not telling someone the whole truth about what is going on.
Some government doesn't allowed you to go on some sites since it talks badly about them.