March - Dallas ISD Substitute Employee Newsletter
HAPPY WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH
SCHOOL HIGHLIGHT - HAROLD W. LANG SR. MIDDLE SCHOOL
Address: 1678 Chenault Street Dallas, TX 75228
Phone: (972) 925-2400
Mission: The mission of Harold Wendell Lang Sr. Middle School is to provide each student with a diverse education in a culturally safe climate, academic environment that promotes excellence in learning and discipline.
Vision: A professional and highly motivated staff, in partnership with parents will encourage each child to achieve his/her full potential.
DALLAS ISD OFFICE MANAGER DIRECTORY
MONTHLY FILL RATE COMPARISON
2017 - 2018 BI-WEEKLY PAY PERIODS AND DATES
Transparency around compensation is something that is very important to us, and we want you to have every resources available to plan your finances. Click the link below for the 2017 - 2018 pay schedule.
ACE & ISN CAMPUSES
Please see the list below for all of our ACE and ISN schools.
ACE Schools & Principals:
- Dade MS- Tracie Washington
- Rusk MS- Juan Cordoba
- Edison MS- Earl Gilmore
- Blanton ES- Laura Garza
- Zumwalt- Troy Tyson
- Ervin ES- James Wallace
- Lee, U. ES- Roshonda Clayton-Brown
- Hernandez, O. ES- Oscar Aponte
- Mills ES- LaTonya Clark
- Ray- Sheryl Wilson
- Pease ES- Shavannia Dash
- Titche ES- Damien Stovall
- Carr ES- Carlotta Hooks
ISN Schools & Principals:
- Lincoln HS- Johnna Weaver
- Madison HS- Marian Willard
- Browne MS- Lakisha Thomas
- South Oak Cliff HS- Willie Johnson, Acting
- Holmes MS- Sharron Jackson
- Boude Storey MS- JoAnn Jackson
- Bryan ES- Tonya Anderson
- Dunbar ES- Verna Farmer
- Rhoads ES- Bridget Ransom
- Burleson ES- LaJoyce Johnson
- Rice ES- Alpher Garrett-Jones
- King ES- Gloria Kennedy
- Webster ES- Clement Alexander
- Roberts ES- Eneida Padro Colon
- Truett ES- Terre Evans
Substitute teachers serve an essential role in the education system, they often feel underappreciated and even ignored. Most assignments can leave substitute teachers without a lesson plan, while students can refuse to take the substitute seriously.
There are many different factors that can make the job of a substitute teacher difficult, but ultimately the position is a rewarding one. This month let’s explore tips for preparing to present the state standards while on a substitute assignment.
- Be aware of what grade and subject you are substitute teaching on your next assignment. Make sure that you know how to locate the standards and read them.
- When implementing standard based instruction one must always communicate the assignment, rules, and procedures.
- Make sure you have thought out all material needed to present or teach an assignment. Students must have the materials needed to complete the assignment as well.
- Make sure that you understand what is the goal of the standard that’s being taught. Teaching to standards ensures that the learning process is not disrupted during a teacher absence.
- Standards based instruction maintains the learning focus of assessments and student expectations for grade level learning.
If you are a substitute who has on boarded with us in the past two years you should be utilizing your resource materials. The STEDI Substitute Handbook and TEKS Learning Resource Guide.
- Also Our states very own website for locating TEKS Curriculum Standards https://tea.texas.gov/Academics/Curriculum/
- Lead4ward is an excellent free resource for Texas teachers as well as Texas Substitute teachers. www.lead4ward.com
- Dallas ISD campuses have instructional coaches, department heads, team leads, and the teachers next door to your assigned classroom for the day.
- Also, you can use any search engine for samples of TEKs standards and TEKS based lessons.
Do not take for granted that any student can miss a day of learning. It is important that every student is exposed to learning and maximizing all learning opportunities each and every day. Even when there is a substitute in the classroom.
ACTION REQUIRED: HIGH PRIORITY EMPLOYEE POLICY AND COMPLIANCE ACKNOWLEDGMENT
In compliance with state and federal laws, Dallas ISD requires that all employees complete an Annual Policy and Compliance Acknowledgment at the beginning of each school year.
Employees are required to log into http://PolicyAcknowledgement.dallasisd.org/ to access, review, and acknowledge compliance with the following:
Please note that you must be on a district computer to complete this process. For more time and flexibility to review these documents, employees can read them by clicking on the links above before logging into the application. Go here for FAQs and more information.