- Table manners are relatively informal.
- The more formal the occasion, the more strict the protocol.
- When in doubt, watch what others are doing and emulate their behaviour.
- Do not sit down until you are invited to and told where to sit.
- Table manners are Continental -- the fork is held in the left hand and the knife in the right while eating.
- Meals are often served buffet-style.
- Do not begin eating until the host invites you to start.
- When not eating, it is acceptable to keep your hands in your lap.
- Try everything since it demonstrates graciousness.
- Always use utensils to eat.
- It is considered polite to finish everything on your plate.
Foods Associated With The Region
- Jerk Chicken
- Curry Chicken
- Plantain Chips
- Jamaican Patties
- Curried Goat