Bowling Green High School
December 11, 2015
BGHS FCA and NHS Spread Some Cheer
BGHS FCA and NHS hosted the annual BGISD Preschool Christmas Party on Tuesday, December 8th. To spread some cheer this season, over 100 preschoolers were given toys this year at their parties. Our high school students and all those who donated made a lot of young Purples very happy this week.
Mr. Widener's Students Helping Others
Mr. Widener challenged his classes to help others this season and they took his challenge very seriously. All combined, students raised $675 to help shop for other students for Christmas this year as part of the Purple Angel program. Thank you to Mr. Widener and his classes!
BETA Club Donates Food
Holiday Music Is Everywhere!
Coach Kevin Wallace with the 5 KHSAA State Football Championship Trophies
Lady Purple Basketball Getting the Season Off to a Great Start
Lady Purples defeated Glasgow 63-57 and it is the first regular season victory over the Lady Scotties since 2010. Oneisha Turner led the way with 27 points.
Purple Basketball Is Off and Running With a 3-0 Record
Bowling Green defeated Elizabethtown 61-35! Purples improve to 3-0 on the season. Their first home game of the season is tonight against Henderson County at 7:30.
Just For A Little Fun, Here's His Airness, Perry Ayers
Speech and Debate Making Their Mark
The Bowling Green High Speech Team brought home its second team trophy of the year at the Marshall County High School Invitational Speech Tournament in Benton, KY on Saturday. The team placed 3rd out of 10 teams, and some of the teams they were up against had 3 or 4 times as many students as the small BG squad.
In addition to the 3rd place team trophy, all 4 of Bowling Green Students earned 7 trophies between them for their individual events.
- Sean Compton—6th Humorous Interpretation
- Zack Martin—3rd Program Oral Interpretation, Next Out in Prose
- Chapel Tinius—1st Declamation, 3rd Prose
- Cole Vaughan—1st Storytelling, 4th Humorous Interpretation, 4th Poetry
All 4 students are now pre-qualified for the state competition at UK in March.
On December 12th, the team heads to WKU for the Hilltopper Senior Invitational, a traditional tournament featuring 3 rounds and a final round.
Brittany Hansen Ranked One of the Nation's Best in the 3000 Meter.
The BGHS Cheerleaders leave for Lexington today and compete for the State Title on Saturday! Bring Home the Gold!
Excellent Story on Two of the Commonwealth's Best High School Soccer Coaches
BGHS Choral Activity's - A Taste of Christmas Program
Friday, Dec. 11th, 7pm to Saturday, Dec. 12th, 7pm
1801 Rockingham Avenue
Bowling Green, KY
Orchestra Kentucky's 'A Christmas Homecoming' Featuring Lots of Purple Talent
BG Alum Caroline Simpson will be performing as well as the Bowling Green High School Choir conducted by Patricia Beresford. Come out and enjoy a great evening of excellent music!
BGHS Calendar Girl 2016-2017 Calendar is now on sale!
Calendars are $10 each
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order including name, contact number, and quantity. Calendars will be available before the Christmas holiday.
If you have alumni news, we'd love to hear about it and share it with the rest of Purple Nation. Send all news to email@example.com with a subject line: 'Newsletter.'
2017 Tour to Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and France
A Holiday Thank You to Our Teachers
The Annual Staff Christmas Breakfast will be on Wednesday, December 16th (the first day of finals) from 7:00-8:30 am. If you are interested in bringing a food item or serving that morning, please contact Lisa Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org to help say thank you to our wonderful faculty and staff.
Community Coffee's Community Cash For Schools Program
For Questions or to Turn In Proof of Purchase - See Tracy Imel at BGHS
Kroger Community Rewards Program
Register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up. (If you don't yet have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.)
- Click on Sign In/Register
- If you are a new online customer, you need to click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering your zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm. BGHS' NPO number is 22915
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
FROM THE BOWLING GREEN CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Substitute Teachers Wanted
Substitute Teachers are needed for the 2015-16 school year.
Application packets may be obtained online or picked up at the Central Office between the hours of 8:00am - 4:00pm.
Substitute teachers must have 64 college hours and a minimum overall GPA of 2.7.
For more information go to: http://www.bgreen.kyschools.us/Content2/378
BGISD Inclement Weather Plans
- Swim Meet @ BGHS Dome of Champions - 5:00 pm
- Boys Basketball v. Henderson @ BGHS Arena (JV at 6:00 pm & Varsity at 7:30 pm)
- Taste of Christmas @ BGHS Commons - 7:00 pm
- December ACT Test @ BGHS (see announcement above for more details)
- Swim Meet @ WKU Preston Center - 1:00 pm
- Taste of Christmas @ BGHS Commons - 7:00 pm
- The after-school computer lab is open in the Library (3:05-5:00). (No transportation is provided.)
- ESS 3:10-4:00 - Transportation is provided.
- 1st Period Final
- 2nd Period Final
- 3rd Period Final
- 4th Period Final
- Java House is open before school
- 5th Period Final
- 6th Period Final