Summer Reads Edition | 2022
Summer Reading Is HERE!!!!
What is a great place to go and find your reads this summer? The Lafayette Library and we have great news to share with you! Your LAFSD constantly reading librarians created some lists to help you, in case you can not think of anything good to read. The wonderful youth librarian, Alle Porter, is going to make sure that not only are the reading lists available for you but she also ordered extra copies of the books to make sure that everyone has a chance to finish their secret agent reading missions. So make sure you say "Hi!" to her when you stop by and tell her "Thank You!".
BVE Families in this newsletter we have scoured and gathered as many great resources for you and put them all in one place for you to access. And if we find more in the heat of the summer we will add them here for you. We will also have these resources available on the BVE Library Website for you too!
This is for BVE Secret Reading Agents ... if you choose this special reading mission, you blackout this bingo board (cross off all the boxes). We know you can do it Secret Reading Agents...we'll be checking back in with you in August 2022!
Calling all 5th Graders! Go here for the Summer Reading materials + Book Battle Info for Stanley Middle School with Mrs. Bouris and Mrs. Goertzen.
More Summer Reading Programs and Fun!
- Contra Costa Public Libraries: Begins June 1st "Ocean of Possibilities"
- Scholastic Summer Reading on Home Base
- Bel & Bunna's Summer Reading
- Barnes & Noble Summer Reading | 100 Books of Summer
Secret Reading Agents, did you know that the LAFSD Librarians created a recommended reading list for you? And not only was this list shared with the Lafayette Library, but they also ordered extra books so you can complete your mission!
Podcasts and Listening Fun
- Mystery Recipes
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls
- But Why? A Podcast for Curious Kids
- The Big Fib
- The Past and The Curious: A History Podcast for Kids and Families
You can find more on Common Sense Media's Best Podcasts for Kids
Do you have a favorite? One we haven't listed that we need to hear? Let us know, we love filling our ears with great podcasts.
Audiobooks! Are you going on a trip and need something good to listen to? Here are some lists of the top audiobooks for kids and families.
Personal Favorites of Mrs. Greene:
- Charlotte's Web by E.B. White Narrated by Merril Streep and Full Cast
- Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling, Narrated by Jim Dale *sounds like you're in the book/movie*
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander Narrated by Corey Allen *experience a novel in verse that you can easily get lost in and feel the beat and the thump of the basketball*
You can also check out these lists and if in doubt talk to your public librarian about the Libby App, you can download ebooks and audiobooks. They also have a great new selection of picture books, that range from 3-10 minutes long, great for listening and following along in a book.