St. Monica Remote Learning 101
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics & Service since 1960
Everything you need (for now) to get connected.
Good afternoon, Dragons,
I am including the initial resources you will need to get connected as we begin Remote Learning. You will receive specifics from your teachers for log in's, etc. Please wait to reach out to your teachers for learning specifics until you receive the details from them via email. You will receive an email from your teacher before Monday.
United front. Need your help:
Flexibility and Patience with Online learning.
- March 23, online classes begin. Be patient with your teachers and all of our learning curves.
- Monday and Tuesday will be focused on getting connected.
- Everything will be recorded so you can complete it on your own timeline if you can't tune in at scheduled times.
- Your teacher will email you by Monday with your specific classroom requirements. Please do not reach out with remote learning questions until you receive your teacher's email.
See below for what remote learning will look like! You will receive more information about your specific classes from your teachers.
While exceptional circumstances require the closure of our campuses brings uncertainty and challenge, as Disciples of Christ with hope to bring, we see this as an opportunity to find new ways to encounter one another and accompany our students in their learning.
Prayers and blessings,
Ms. Salazar and your Dragon SMCS TEAM
Please do not bring us anything to turn in as we will NOT be collecting items to alleviate the flow of germs.
In my prior email, I said we have you sign our tech agreement. We will no longer be doing this and just give you a copy. It's also attached below. Everything that goes home--textbooks and technology--is due back when we resume and must be returned in the same condition minus normal wear and tear. Thank you!
What about my 3rd quarter report card?
What about my Confirmation or 1st communion packets?
What email do I use to log onto my Google Classroom?
What is our Remote Learning Plan?
Remote Learning Internet Etiquette
- Teachers will be available from 8AM to 12PM, 12:30PM to 3PM, Monday to Friday for students.
- Teachers will respond to emails in one business day.
- Teachers will not be "live" teaching all the time, only at their designated time that will be communicated to you.
- If you need to reach your teacher, please email--all student emails MUST have a parent cc'ed on the email.
- Any communication after 5PM will be responded to by the next day.
- Below are our Roles and Responsibilities for our Students and Guardians.
- Google Classrooms will all be live ASAP and at the latest on Monday. Please be patient as we get this set up.
Parent/Guardian Responsibilities and Etiquette
Student Responsibilities and Etiquette
Updated Technology Handbook
Where will my assignments be if they are not packet based? Google Classroom! See below for a parents guide and a video explaining more.
Google Classroom Sign In Page
Where do I go to tune into live lessons? Zoom! If you miss it, it will be recorded and put into your google classroom.
Zoom Sign In Page for Live Lessons
Ren Web: Parents Web
Stay plugged in to your student's academic needs! Please make sure you have a family account on Ren Web/. Attached is a tutorial to create your account in english and espanol.
District Code for St. Monica's: SMC-TX