April 22nd Pony News
Building a Brighter Future!
2018-2019 Campus Mission and Vision
Pinks and blues
Pinks and Blues are due APRIL 29TH!.
Grades 3, 4, & K will meet on April 30th. Grades, 2, 5, & 1 will meet on May 7th to create rosters.
- GO HERE: http://bit.ly/2ICzD14
- Find your grade level folder & then your name
- Choose pink or blue document to view
- You will fill one page for each of your students
- This documentation will be used to help create next year’s class list on April 30th/March 7th
- You will need to complete these by April 29th, so we can print them for PLCs to sort classes.
ATTENTION!!! Retention Information
Staff Learning April 29tth
Staff Learning (4/29) Agenda:
- Restorative Practices and snacks- 5th grade (10 Minutes)
- Review of Panorama survey
Summer Learning Info
As you plan your summer learning, below are a couple of helpful reminders:
- NEW FOR THIS SUMMER! All teachers of record for Language Arts will be REQUIRED to complete 2 sessions for a total of 6 hours in order to implement NEW TEKS and NEW curricular materials. See table below and in catalog. These count as AUGUST TRADE CREDIT.
- Time for Literacy - 4 follow up sessions will be required for teachers during scheduled campus days with Learning Facilitators throughout 2019-20 to assist with job embedded implementation of new LA standards
- All summer courses open in Eduphoria on April 15th at 7:00AM
- Eduphoria is the best way to find and register for any course. For assistance, please view this video on how to find courses in Eduphoria
- Details about August trade credit can be found HERE
- Details about November trade credit can be found HERE
- To see who is eligible for August trade credit, please click HERE
- If you are not able to attend a trade session, you are required to attend the official elementary teacher trade day on Monday, August 5 found here – all day attendance is required
- Any August Trade credit that exceeds 6 hours will automatically roll over to November trade credit by Professional Learning
- Summer Trade Courses are also available for November Trade Credit. These courses are designed to enhance professional learning beyond the content specific curriculum
- The catalogs attached are also linked to the Professional Learning website HERE
- The titles in these catalogs match the titles listed in Eduphoria
Our Pony Week
- No School / BAD WEATHER Make-up Day
- Marla T. Rodriguez BD
Tuesday, April 23rd:
- Multicultural Week
- TEKS & ELPS Collab. 2nd, 5th, 1st
- Lang. Arts K-2 LF on campus
Wednesday, April 24th
- Multicultural Week
- Dress for Success Day
- Administrative Professionals Day
- Learning Leaders (Principal- Valdes Off)
- Provisional GT Reassessment
- Antoinette Boston BD
Thursday, April 25th
- Multicultural Week
- Girls LWAL
- PTA + Kindergarten Program + Multicultural Night
Friday, April 26th
- Multicultural Week ends
- LISD Banquet
- College Shirt Day
- Staff Learning
Tuesday, April 30th
Wednesday, May 1st
- GT Campus Committee
- Dress for Success
Thursday, May 2nd
Friday, May 3th
- Staff Luncheon - 5th & Sp.Ed. Host
- Thank you Mr. Thomas, Mrs. Zamora, Mrs. Oden, and Ms. Dickson for helping with morning car duty when Ms. Lawson and Ms. Salazar had other early morning commitments! You are very much appreciated!
- Thank you kindergarten teachers for somehow getting your little Ponies to travel through campus halls at level zero and with Pony hugs. You and your students are simply amazing!
- Mr. Thomas for taking care of me after coming back from field trip.
- Elda Ratzlaff for taking care of me after coming back from field trip.
- Carlson and Butler for organizing 1st grade Aquarium field trip.
- Huerta for always bringing us treats to celebrate each week.
- L. Thomas- you know what you did!! Thanks
- Mrs. Oden and Mrs. Rutherford for all of their hard work.
- Mr. Frosch for his help with a challenging behavior.
- Mrs. Crawley for always answering I am doing fine thank you. I really appreciate your positive attitude.
- Mrs. Oporto for being so kind and positive.
- Mrs. Boston for always be willing to help.
- Mrs. Becker for jumping in during a difficult ARD.
- Mrs. Sayers for doing what is best for kids.
- Mrs. Varona for her diligence and commitment to her students.
- Mr. Ledesma and Mr. Colon for being willing to help.
Happy April Birthdays
- Rachael Myers - April 1st
- Lacey Troyer- April 3rd
- Robert Reed - April 5th
- Taryn Hackworth - April 10th
- Venita Blake - April 10th
- Sharica Jones - April 11th
- Marla Rodriguez - April 22nd
- Antoinette Boston - April 24th