The CityLab Connect
Week of October 31st, 2022
A Message from Our Assistant Principal, Ms. Angela Williams
I am Angela Williams, the newest Assistant Principal at CityLab High School. While this is my first year, I am no stranger to leadership. I spent the last four years as an Assistant Principal at Young Women’s STEAM Academy, prior to that I was an Instructional Coach at Martin Weiss Elementary School. I am a proud Dallas ISD Alumni and I am excited to be working with you and your scholars this school year.
Please ensure that your scholars are staying after school on Tuesday & Thursdays if they need additional assistance in their classes. They will need to coordinate with their teachers for a tutoring schedule.
Hats off to your CityLab teachers and students for pushing through the last week of the 1st 9 weeks.
As we enter the 2nd quarter it is important to stay on your scholars to submit quality and timely work.
Special Shoutout to Ms. Hardaway and her classes that kicked off their Restoration Carpentry Project last week.
House Bill 4545 establishes new requirements for schools implementing accelerated instruction for students who did not pass STAAR. If your child was not successful on the STAAR test in the 2021-2022 school year we are gearing up to offer tutoring to assist students with specific contents of need.
Saturday School will begin November 5th for students who will be taking Credit By Examination (CBE’s) and retaking End of Course Assessments. Please ensure your scholars take advantage of extra support to prepare them.
Report Cards will go out on Monday so you can see how your scholars are progressing!
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
Schedule for week of 10/31
Monday, Oct. 31-A Day
Tuesday, Nov. 1-B Day
Wednesday, Nov. 2-C Day
Thursday, Nov. 3-A Day-A Day Clubs
Friday, Nov. 4-B Day-B Day Clubs
10/31-11/4-Drug Free Awareness Week
PTO Poinsettias and Wreaths Fundraiser
Campus Drop Off and Pick Up
School day is from 9:10 AM to 4:30 PM.
All students will enter and exit through the front door located on S. Ervay St.
All students will go through a security check prior to entering the building.
- Bus drop off/pick up will be at the front of CityLab High School on S. Ervay St.
- Bus drop off and pick up times vary for each route. Please refer to either the CityLab website or the Dallas ISD website for specific route times.
- Parent/Guardian student drop off/pick up will be on the side of CityLab High School on Corsicana. Please follow CityLab monitor instructions during drop off/pick up.
Please do not to park for pick up opposite the buses on Ervay or on Corsicana west of Ervay.
- Student dropped off begins at 8:15 AM on Corsicana.
- Parent/Guardian student pick up will be on Corsicana with parents/guardians lining up starting at 4:25 PM. For quick and efficient pick up, we ask that parent do not park in the spaces on Corsicana.
Students will not be realeased for early pick up after 4 PM.