Sunday School News
Tis The Season
- Congratulations to our 4th - 7th grade class for bringing the most friends to Sunday School in October! We look forward to seeing more of them in the months to come!
- We made and donated over 40 placemats to the Meals on Wheels Program. Thanks to your kids we helped to spread a little bit of cheer to those who need it.
- Our 100 point club is still in the works and looking for its first member! Many students are close so encourage them to rack up more points by bringing their bibles, and even a couple of friends to class. Who will be the first to reach 100?
- Thanks to everyone who made it out to decorate our Jesse Tree with us. What a great time of preparing for the Holiday season! If you didn't get to share in the Jesse Tree with us, follow this link to learn more about this tradition: http://www.loyolapress.com/the-jesse-tree.htm
- Last week we were blessed to share in our annual "ADVENTures" celebration with you once again! Such a great time of family games, crafts, food and fun to celebrate the Christmas season. Same place, same time next year ;-)
Coat Drive & Hat Making
Preparing for Confirmation
New Service Project!
In January we are hosting a DVD Drive for the organization, Kid Flicks. With your donations, Kid Flicks creates movie libraries for Children’s Hospitals and Pediatric Wards across the U.S. If you have DVDs that you would like to donate please drop them off in the Church or Christian Education offices. All donations must be G, PG or PG-13 and be in their original boxes. Gently used materials are great!
For February & March, students will be making Para Cord Bracelets to support Operation Gratitude. These bracelets will be sent to soldiers who are deployed as part of care packages that Operation Gratitude sends throughout the year. The bracelet is an emergency tool that when taken apart becomes a rope that can hold up to 550 pounds! If you would like to get involved with this project please consider donating “550 paracord” that is at least 7.5 feet long in muted colors (something that would blend with a troop’s uniform). “550 paracord” can be found at most craft stores or online from places like Amazon. Drop off any donations you may have to the Church or Christian Education offices through January. Thank you!
"God Space" - Adult Sunday School
A friend, co-worker, family member, or someone you just met is talking—and you sense God nudging you to say something. But what do you say? What don’t you say? How can you bring God into the conversation without shutting it down? Welcome to God Space. Where the Holy Spirit can do amazing things through everyday conversations. Where honesty and transparency allow for discovery and deep connection. Where lives are challenged and changed.
Fusion Christmas Caroling
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 13TH, 6:30 - 8pmThis Sunday, December 13th, Fusion (3rd - 6th grade youth group) will be traveling to area nursing homes and shut-ins to spread Christmas cheer through song. We will still meet and get picked up at the church from 6:30 - 8pm. Make sure you have your medical form on file with us before you can go!
3rd Grade Sacrament Class
SUNDAY, JANUARY 10TH, 10:45amPlease join us during the 10:45 worship service on January 10th as we celebrate with our 3rd graders their achievement in completing our sacraments class. This class consists of explaining and understanding each of the sacraments we observe here at First Presbyterian Church, including baptism and communion. Each 3rd grade student will receive a bible and special recognition during the service.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 31ST, 6:30 - 8pmOur annual bowling trip to Kenilee Lanes in Downtown Norwalk is scheduled for January 31st. This year our Catalyst Youth Group will also be joining us, so bring your A game! Drop off and pick up will be at the bowling alley. We will play from 6:30 - 8pm. Bring your friends!