Redbird Roundup, Vol. 25
Friday, April 5, 2019
Happy Friday Norris Staff!
A great, busy week in the books. I am definitely getting that end of year excitement feeling, and with the weather getting nicer I think the kids are too! There are lots of exciting things coming up.
I saw some awesome stuff in classrooms this week, and highlighted below. We have also had a ton of activities happening, so I have tried to capture those too.
Next week is a short week with students, so let's make it a great one.
Have a great weekend!
We need you here!
Thank you for perfect attendance on March 26 and 27! It was so incredible to have everyone here to make the first round of testing run smoothly.
6th grade NSCAS testing: April 16 and 17
Just as our students' attendance is important these days, so is yours. We need you here to help provide a strong testing environment so our students can do their best.
Monday, April 8: 7th Grade Play Performance during 3/4; New Student Registration 4-8; MTSS-B Vision Team meeting after school
Tuesday, April 9: Security Audit by NDE-AM; 6th Grade Play Performance during 1/2, 8th Grade Play Performance during 3/4; Boys Soccer home vs. L/C; Girls Soccer at L/C
Wednesday, April 10: Spring Play, 7 p.m.; Track home vs. L/C
Thursday, April 11: 7:30, Redbird Pride Breakfast, 8-11 VILS, 1 p.m. CSI Rollout Meeting
Friday, April 12: Full Day Teacher Planning and Prep; Lesson Plans due by end of day for those on appraisal
Name: Joetta Alexander
How many years have you been teaching? 28 yrs (20 full-time)
What is your favorite thing about Norris Middle School? I love how the staff comes to support each other in times of need.
1. What is one of your favorite quotes? “The finest steel must go through the hottest fire.” –Richard M. Nixon Sometimes it seems I am forever being forged. By the end of this adventure called life, I should be able to withstand re-entry from outer space with nary a scratch.
2. What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? My favorite outdoor activity is vegetable gardening.
3. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? I absolutely hate folding laundry.
4. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? When I find 30 minutes free time, I read or play Text Twist or Boggle on my tablet.
5. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? If I ever win the lottery, the first thing I would do is take my mother car shopping.
Name: Blake Heybrock
How long have you been at Norris? Six years
What is your favorite thing about Norris Middle School? My favorite thing about Norris are the kids and their passion along with how much the staff backs each other up and cares for each other.
What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
- Being in the backyard/garage with some power tools and a stack of lumber… let’s build something.
What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
- Cleaning the bathroom, that stuff is for the birds!
If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
- 28 was a good year
If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
- Get a lawyer, set up trust funds, buy an acreage & peace out
What TV show would you binge watch if you had the time?
- This old house/Ask this old house/Grand Tour
What could you give a 40 minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
Sweet or salty? And what food is your favorite in that category?
- SWEET! Gimme that dark chocolate.
Creating Choice Boards
Maximizing Station Use
Location, Location, Location
Presentations on States
iPad Site Visits
Faculty Workshop Presentations
Norris Staff and Students Seen and Heard
Redbird Posse Performance at Liberty
Norris GSA Hosts South GSA
Celebrating our 6th Graders
New Student Registration
Movement is huge in keeping our students engaged. Movement is huge in keeping our staff engaged. There is a reason we utilize stations during our faculty workshop PD. There are lots of ways you can incorporate movement, and this article provides some great resources. Check it out!