News from 1A
Week of September 15th-19th
Coming Up Next Week
-Monday Sept 15th- P.E. Day (wear tennis shoes)
Send a Family Photo with your child to school.
We are launching our first PBL today!!
-Tuesday Sept 16th- Music
-Wednesday Sept 17th- P.E. Day (wear tennis shoes)
-Thursday Sept 18th- Art
-Friday Sept 19th- Runner's Club (wear tennis shoes)
Family Friday at Lunch! You are welcome to come eat lunch with your first grader :)
What are we learning?
ELA focus: Daily 5, Guided Reading Setting and Plot of a Story, Writing 5 Star Sentences
Math: Ways to make a number, Place Value, Skip Counting, Decomposing Numbers
Science: Rocks and Science Safety
Social Studies: Family
Spelling Words and Spelling Tests!! (Please read!!)
- Each week, I will add new spelling words on this newsletter for you to work at home with your child. Like I said on Curriculum Night, your child will bring home a Spelling Journal next Monday.
- They will be given a list of spelling words each week that they are ENCOURAGED (not required) to practice these words at home 3 times a week. The words will be listed in the newsletter, also your child will copy down the spelling list to bring home in their Guided Reading Folder every Monday.
- A spelling menu is inside the cover of the journal for students to choose fun ways to practice!
- Every Friday there will be a spelling test over the words that were sent home. These tests are graded, just a check in to see if students are meeting the spelling standards and if they are ready to move on to the next spelling pattern.
- If you should have any questions, please let me know!
This week's Spelling List:
she, up, what, dig, sit
September 8th- Mrs. McDaniel
September 13th- Andrew
September 14th- Aayana
If you would like to receive reminders for our classroom via text message- PLEASE join our class in Remind 101. It's super easy- here's how:
To join: Send a text to (817) 984-5365 with the message @206707
That's it! You will now receive updates and reminders via text message from me!! :)
Dates For Your Calendar
-Sept 15th- 1st PBL is launched
-October 10- NO SCHOOL- Fall Parent Conference Day
-October 13th- NO SCHOOL