Sacred Heart Catholic School News
November 7, 2022
1. URGENT-----Have you signed up your child's special guest for Grandparent's Day using our Google Form? See information below.
2.. Have you chosen your child's yearbook photo? All parents should have received an email from Kemmetmueller Photography regarding your child's photos.
3. Volunteers needed for Turkey Bingo on November 18th from 5:30-7:00 pm
4. Volunteers needed for Wreath Pick-up on November 17-18 from 12-3 pm and 3-6 pm.
Gala 2023 February 10, 2023 Check out what is NEW at our gala this year!
New to the Gala this year:
- Discount code: From now until January 2nd you can use code earlybird to get $15 off your ticket at checkout. Tickets are $65 but with the early bird rate, you can purchase a ticket for $50.00! What a deal!
- VIP Tables: We are selling VIP tables this year. VIP tables will be a reserved table for 8 people near the stage. VIP perks; complimentary wine and water pours at dinner, sponsorship tables and VIP tables will be first in line for dinner hosted by Miltons.
- Teachers' Tickets: Please consider sponsoring a teachers' ticket with your purchase. Selling these tickets will help immensely with covering event costs, while enabling our teachers and staff to attend the event for free! Let's show the teachers how much we appreciate them. Teacher tickets will be $45.00.
Do you own a business or know of a business that may sponsor our gala?
We have sponsorship levels of $5000, $2500, $1000, and $500. The details are listed on our One Cause website under the Sponsorship Opportunities tab. Please contact Zach Fimon, Director of Advancement, or Karen Bursey, Principal, at email@example.com or call 763- 285-6256 for any questions or interest concerning sponsorships.
URGENT---Register your child's guest for Grandparent/Special Person Day!
We will need everyone's name that is attending. Please use the link below.
When: Friday, November 11
Time: We will begin with arrival at 7:45 a.m., Mass at 8:00 a.m., classroom visits and a program in the gym.
When your guest arrives, they will go to youngest child's classroom. All siblings will be there waiting. We will have people to help direct them to the correct place. By 8:00 a.m., the students will go to church if their guest has not arrived yet.
Here is the link to RSVP:
All guests or child's parent must complete the RSVP form.
Parents have two weeks to order hot lunch. Make sure you check out when finished.
Wreath Pick-up: November 17-18 12-6 pm
We are looking for volunteers to help with pick-up both days from 12:00-3:00 pm and 3:00-6:00 pm. Please go to SignUp to volunteer to give us a call.
All Saints Day Project---2nd graders
Thank you 2nd graders for teaching us all about the saints.
Click on this link to watch each 2nd grader give a summary of their saint:
Santa's Workshop: December 8-9
Volunteers Needed:Santa’s Workshop is December 8th and 9th and Santa’s elves are needed to help students shop, wrap gifts, and collect money. 5 volunteers are needed for each morning and afternoon shifts on both days, please sign up to help in person or to send refreshments for Santa’s elves.
What is Santa’s Workshop?
Santa’s Workshop provides students Pre-K 3 through 8th grade the opportunity to purchase Christmas gifts for their loved ones. Each family will receive an envelope with gift tags to help their student create a shopping list by filling the gift tags out. You’ll return the envelop with money and the gift tags for your student to shop. Gifts range between $1 and $8 and students will be helped to stay within their budget. We want all students who want to participate to be able to do so, so a Saint Nicholas fund is established to help all students participate. Envelopes will be sent home after Thanksgiving.
Where do the funds go?
Santa’s Workshop is PTC’s biggest fundraiser. All funds raised go directly back in to the school to support student activities and treats and teacher appreciation gifts and meals, among many other PTC initiatives. We appreciate the continued support for this wonderful event!
9th Annual Gala -February 10th
We need help with the following:
1. LIVE AUCTION ITEMS: Looking for cabins or condo, trip tickets, concert or golf tickets, Twins/Wild/Vikings tickets, hosting a dinner for a group of people, etc. Please contact Karen.
2. Sponsorships: We are looking for businesses to sponsor our event. We have a variety of levels of sponsorships. Maybe you own a business or your place of employment would sponsor our gala. Letters coming soon.
3. Silent Auction baskets: We will be releasing a list of silent auction baskets that you may donate to our auction. All baskets are due January 15th.
2:10-3:00 pm Sterling Karate
5:30 pm PTC Meeting-Marian Rooms
Volleyball Tournament at SHCS
8:00 a.m. Grandparent's Day/Special Person Day 7:45-10:30 a.m. Have you pre-registered?
Volleyball Tournament at SHCS
Volleyball Tournament at SHCS
November 16 SAC meeting
November 17 Picture Retakes
November 18 Turkey Bingo 5:30-7:00 pm
November 22 End of Trimester 1
November 23-25 No School
December 2 Report cards available online
December 6 Band/Orchestra Concert 12:45 pm/6:30 pm
December 8-9 Santa's Workshop
December 15 Christmas Program 6:15 pm
December 21-January 3 Christmas Break
Thank you for donating food for the NEAR food shelf
Peace of Mind Session with Dr. Jules-November 16 - 7pm
"Technology and Social Media”
November 16 at 7 p.m.
The use of social media and technology is one of the most popular areas of concern for parents of children and adolescents. How much is too much? How do we keep our kids safe online? What about the constant social comparisons? This session will focus on the latest research on use of social media and technology. It will also help us understand the relationship between brain development and what drives the need to feel connected online as well as those areas of big concern like pornography and algorithms that target adolescent vulnerabilities. Parenting tips will be offered.
RAMS Athletics-We need help at our volleyball tournament
VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT- November 10-12
We are hosting the girls Varsity Volleyball tournament for the league on November 10-12. Many hands are needed to make this event successful (especially on Saturday!!). Please consider signing up to get your school volunteer hours. If your student plays a sport you can use it for your athletic volunteer hours. Click on the link below to sign up. If you have any questions, or can't open the link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get you signed up!!
School Volunteer Opportunities ready on SignUp
Bingo -November 18 Need bingo caller, sell bingo cards, refreshments
Wreath Pick-up November 17-18 Need volunteers to help with pick-up 12-3 pm or 3-6 pm.
Join our PTC group
Garden Club for SHCS
School SignUp Link-
Do you want to volunteer in the classroom? Parents must complete the Essential 3
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis requires the Essential 3 for volunteers who work with students in Catholic schools or parishes. All employees must also complete the Essential 3. ****Cell phones do not work well for Essential 3 and you will receive an error message. Please use a computer.
You may complete all three requirements online at www.virtusonline.org
1. Log in to create your account and watch the Virtus awareness session online. Every 3 years, a new video will be assigned to your account.
2. Successfully complete a background check.
3. Sign a Code of Conduct.
****The Archdiocese requires all volunteers to renew the Essential 3 requirements every 3 years. You will receive an email message when your account is up for renewal.
Box Tops---Help us earn extra cash
The new and improved Box Tops mobile app uses state of the art technology to scan your store receipt. Find participating products and instantly add Box Tops to our school's earnings. We earn 10 cents for each Box Top along with Bonus points. Simply scan your receipt on your phone and Sacred Heart earns money.
Find the Box Tops for Education app and search for Sacred Heart by our zip code---55422.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Mission Statement
Sacred Heart Catholic School is committed to instilling high moral standards rooted in Catholic teachings. We are dedicated to educating the whole child through an integrated C-STEM curriculum. In collaboration with our families, parish, and local community, we maximize individual potential to ensure students are prepared to meet the challenges in the world as disciples of Jesus.