Happening This Month
- October 2-5: Homecoming Spirit Week
- October 4: Homecoming Parade
- October 5: Homecoming Game
- October 9: Beta Club Induction 7 PM
- October 11: 1st Grading Period Ends
- October 12: Fall Break
- October 15: Fall Break
- October 16-19: Book Fair
- October 16: Boo Grams Sales Begin
- October 19: Monster Dash 5k
- October 22: Red Ribbon Week Begins
- October 26: Breakfast with the Arts
- October 26: Neighborhood Spirit Day
- October 26: Core Essentials
- October 30: Students of the Month to Chick-fil-A
- October 29: RMIS Math Night: Say BOO to Your Math Problems!
- October 31: Halloween Parties
RMIS Math Night: Say BOO to Your Math Problems!
There will be a Chromebook giveaway too!!!! This is NOT a TRICK!!!
Neighborhoods win by having the largest percentage of students with perfect attendance, students turning in community service forms, getting Gotchas and not getting office referrals.
CARES Certificates/Community Service Forms
All students grades 3-5 can earn a CARES Certificate every 9 Weeks! CARES stands for:
Caring for Others
Exhibiting Excellent Behavior
- Caring for others is demonstrated through completing an act of service and turning in a service learning form every 9 weeks.
- Awesome academics is the student's best effort determined by the teacher.
- Rad attendance means no unexcused absences.
- Exhibiting excellent behavior means the student has been following classroom and school procedures and expectations.
President: Makenzie Tinkler
Vice President: Haley Daniels
Secretary: Kennedy Darnell
Treasurer: Cooper McClelland
Representative: Lylah Cameron and Kamryn Fleming
We are looking forward to an awesome year of learning and serving!
PTA: Box Tops, Boo Grams, and Parties
October 5th is the last day for Box Tops. We will be collecting Box Tops again this year, so keep saving!
Boo Grams will be sold beginning October 16th. They will be delivered as they are received through October 31st.
Our Halloween parties will be from 2 PM-3PM in homeroom classrooms. Parents can line up on the playground and in front of the gym first. Our costume parade will take place between 1:30 and 1:45. Afterward, all parents wishing to attend the parties will need to sign in through the gym and get a visitor's sticker before going to their child's classroom. Any student signed out before 3:25 will be counted as an unexcused tardy. All students going home with parents on this day must be signed out through the gym according to normal procedures. Thank you for your cooperation!
Core Essentials and Precepts
In October, students will learn about contentment: deciding to be happy with what you have.
Our precepts this month are:
- “Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we give us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people.” Fred Rogers
- “Be Thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” Oprah Winfrey
- “He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.” Socrates
- “We need much less than we think we need.” Maya Angelou
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, rest this afternoon.” Charles M. Schulz