Colrain Central School News
Together we can do so much!
August 20, 2021
We have also hired Jamie Jefferson as a paraprofessional. We are excited to have Ms. Jamie joining us this year and she is looking forward to getting to know all the students and support them in their learning.
I still do not yet have staffing for our Before and After School Programs. I will continue to search for that and get those programs up and running just as soon as possible. However, at this time, I do not anticipate being able to have those going for the start of school. I will be sure to let you know if that changes.
We are also still looking for a speech/language pathologist.
- All students and staff will be required to wear masks inside the building, regardless of vaccination status, unless there is a documented medical condition which prevents someone from doing so.
- Masks will be required for both students and drivers on school buses.
- Masks will not be required outside.
- While there is no minimum physical distancing requirement set by the state, we will be observing 3 feet of distancing whenever possible, while inside.
- There are no distancing requirements outside.
Drop-off & Pick Ups
- Student drop-offs and pick ups will remain outside for now. Please see below for more details about what that will look like.
There will be more information coming from Nurse Donna regarding close contact procedures, testing, and guidance about staying home when not feeling well.
PTO's Back to School Ice Cream Social
If the weather is bad and the event must be held inside, masks will be required. No masks required outside.
First Day Celebration (Wednesday, September 1, 2021)
8:45-9:30: Family members/community members will gather on the Patio (under a tent in the case of rain) where they will be able to visit some displays, meet other CCS community members, and hear about what is ahead for the school year.
9:30-10:15: All school Assembly with all students, family, and community members on the blacktop. Staff will be introduced, students welcomed back, quiet signals taught, as well as a short activity and story.
10:15: Families/community members say goodbye to students who then return to their classrooms for the remainder of the morning.
11:30: lunch served
- Thank you to those of you who have completed the transportation survey. If you have not done so yet, please fill out the 4 question survey found at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeHhLCH2XoJoA8FG0klporkXnMPdzb-ZVraqMyIFWRNiOfB3g/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Bus routes can be found on the district website at https://www.mohawktrailschools.org/Transportation
If you plan on transporting your child to/from school you will need to drop them off and pick them up in the back parking lot again. Our procedure is going to vary a little bit this year. If we find that these changes are not working smoothly, we will make adjustments as needed. When you drop your child off, please pull around to the back lot and drive as far forward as possible. This helps to keep the line moving and prevent a back up out into the front lot where the buses will be and/or the road. There will be staff members there to help your child safely exit your vehicle and walk around the building for Meet & Greet or to their class's designated meeting place (PK only).
When you pick your child up, again, please pull out back and as far forward as possible. Your child will be brought to your car by a staff member. Please leave the lot as soon as your child is buckled up.
Changes from last spring:
- Because students will be able to use the hallways more freely this year, we will have students who are being picked up gathered in one place rather than coming from multiple places.
- Preschoolers will be dropped off and picked up in the back parking lot as well.
- Students will go to Meet & Greet upon arrival, rather than to their classrooms.