Eternal Rest Funeral Home
- What are your loved ones wishes?
- We have both burial and cremation services available (Funeralwise LLC, 2015).
- Wide selection of caskets and urns to choose from.
- Bring us mementos or special objects to make the funeral personalized.
- Photographs and musical preferences also help make the funeral individualized.
- Can prearrange funeral to allow one to organize their own funeral (Funeralwise LLC, 2015).
- We allow you to "work with professional funeral directors to create meaningful rituals that reflect and celebrate the unique life of the person who had died" (Leming & Dickinson, 2011, p. 379).
- What does the family want or need?
- Staff available to provide grief support.
- Work with you to create eulogies and memorial tables (Next Steps for Families, LLC, 2008).
- We have a number of different rooms to accommodate small and large families.
- Funeral director and clergy work directly with you to prepare services (Funeralwise LLC, 2015).
- We also can help to ensure floral arrangements or other mementos are done appropriate and set up during the funeral.
- Provide assistance for setting up memorial fund (Next Steps for Families, LLC, 2008).
- Can provide resources for cemeteries to arrange for entire family to be buried in the same area.
- Public or private services available.
- Will your culture plan a role in the funeral or in your expectations?
- Many different religious books in order to meet religious needs (Funeralwise LLC, 2015).
- Please tell us about any cultural traditions (ritual chanting, singing songs, praying, lighting candles, etc.).
- We have the ability to plan a funeral quickly or wait a specific amount of time based on cultural preferences.
- Prayers and services based on cultural beliefs.
- Open and closed casket options based on personal preference and cultural beliefs (Funeralwise LLC, 2015).
- What are your cost concerns?
- Itemized charges to provide for cost flexibility (Next Steps for Families, LLC, 2008).
- When thinking about cost consider the following factors: Casket/urn, staff, facilities, transportation, services, programs, embalming, flowers, etc.
- Many different options to choose from and we work with you to stay within a budget.
- Various packages also available with the most commonly selected items (Next Steps for Families, LLC, 2008).
- Cemetery charge is separate.
- Prepay option available.
Funeralwise LLC. (2015). A how-to guide for funeral arrangements. Retrieved from https://www.funeralwise.com/plan/how_to/
Leming, M. R., & Dickinson, G. E. (2011). Understanding dying, death, & bereavement (7th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.
Next Steps for Families, LLC. (2008). Considerations for the funeral. Retrieved from http://www.nextstepsforfamilies.com/Considerations.html