Science with Mrs. Bridges
December 28, 2015
Science Fair Update
I am so excited to see all of the wonderful projects in January! It is a great way to start the new year. AMS Science Fair Night is Monday evening, January 11 from 6 - 7.
A few reminders:
- The completed board is due on January 11. Please do not send them early as I do not have any way to store them. All projects need to be taken directly to the media center when they arrive at school.
- Boards are not to have names or pictures of faces per Stanly County policy. Numbers will be assigned to each project.
- The completed research paper is due on January 18.
- All late work will receive a grade reduction of 10% per day late. I am attaching both rubrics for your review.
I love the new year. It is a time where I reflect on my practices and make any adjustments to better serve my students. To that end, I need to renew my commitment to my classroom expectations. Here are the highlights:
- Work needs to be done on time. Late work will receive a reduction of 10% for each day that it is late.
- I will continue to check work (even homework) for content. I allow time and space for questions about any content they may fine challenging. I use rubrics when answers are not clearly "right or wrong" so there is no misunderstanding of the requirements.
- Interactive notebooks are not optional. They must bring them to class daily. They also need to bring all items that may be needed: tape/glue, PENCILS, pen sharpener, colored pencils/crayons.