4th Grade Weekly Happenings
Reagan Elementary School - Leander ISD
Week of November 16-20, 2015
What are we learning about this week?
- Nonfiction text features
- Graphics and text features
- Procedural text (oreo turkeys)
- Use revenue and expenses to calculate profit
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of various savings options such as a safe, savings account, or money market account
- Describe how to allocate a weekly allowance among spending, saving, and sharing
- Brainstorm and organize expository writing
- Quotation marks
- Sitton Spelling Unit 12 - class, piece, surface, river, common
- Conductors & insulators
- Series circuits
- Exploring the New World (explorers)
Our Current Week
ALL WEEK: Pajama Drive, Generation Texas Week
- Yellow specials day
- Book fair opens after school (2:45-3:30 pm)
- Green specials day
- Book fair late night in library (open 7:45 am - 6:00 pm)
- Blue specials day
- Learning check in science on electrical conductors & insulators (see link below for games to practice this concept)
- Book fair (open 7:45 am - 3:30 pm)
- Purple specials day
- Book fair (open 7:45 am - 3:30 pm)
- Thanksgiving luncheon - visitors welcome! 4th grade lunch time 12:40-1:10 pm
- Spell check over Sitton Unit 12
- Red specials day
- Book fair (open 7:45 am - 2:00 pm - EARLY CLOSE)
All homework is weekly and should be completed anytime between Monday and Sunday. It is due no later than Sunday at 9 pm.
- Read for 80 minutes
- Complete reading homework in Google Classroom under the class Mrs. Eddy's Homework. (Click here for help with your LISD Google log-in information.)
Please note that all other assignments in Google Classroom outside of the Mrs. Eddy's Homework classroom are for school work and do not need to be completed at home!
- Complete any unfinished spelling work from class
- Complete our class challenge in SumDog! Answer 60 questions to fill your progress bar and win coins, playing the game(s) of your choice. See the image below to find out how to work on the class challenge.
- Optional (strongly recommended for students who have not yet completed multiplication & division in Xtra Math): Complete at least three full sessions with Xtra Math.
- cultural research to begin after break; however, we will send home information & the research outline later this week in case students would like to use the Thanksgiving break to work on their research
- research outline due 12/4
Note: Please let us know if your child does not have access to an internet-connected device at home to complete online assignments so that we can offer an alternate homework plan for your child.
Monster Book Fair
If you are interested in purchasing books but are unable to attend the fair on campus, you may order online at http://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/cptoolkit/homepage.do?method=homepage&url=reaganrays2015.
Donations Needed This Week for Turkey Oreos
Shhhh...it's a secret! We're learning about procedural texts this week in language arts, and will be practicing by putting together a turkey made with some yummy treats! :) If you are able to donate any of the items in the link below, please sign up and send them in with your child no later than Wednesday to give Mrs. Eddy. We will be using them this Thursday 11/19 in class.
If your child is allergic to any of these items, please let Mrs. Eddy know no later than Wednesday 11/18 so that other arrangements can be made. Thanks for your help!
Science - Conductors & Insulators
PTA HOLIDAY SPIRIT STICKS
VETERANS DAY PROGRAM - NOVEMBER 11, 2015
Classroom Supply Wish List
Mrs. Weltzin: Gallon ziploc bags, Ultra-fine Expo markers, Click to view my classroom wishlist on Amazon
Mrs. Eddy: Glue sticks