The Texas Giants
by: Meaghan McInnis and Katy Murphy
6 Facts About the Karankawa
2. The Karankawa were hunters and gatherers.
3. The Karankawa ate fish, shellfish, wild rice, roots, and alligators.
4. The Karankawa were usually 6 feet tall and dressed in loin cloths in warm weather and they wore shawls made out of Spanish Moss in cold weather. They also had cane piercings on their chin and chest.
5. The Karankawa used alligator grease as bug repellant.
6. The Karankawa had special dance ceremonies.