PCK Weekly News
October 6th, 2022
Signs of the Season
Gotcha on Camera!
Remember that photos like these ones are snapped each week, and may end up on our Facebook and Instagram pages. Come check our pages out!
Our Fabulous Spirit Team
PCK FALL FESTIVAL FACTS
- FALL FESTIVAL is tomorrow, Friday, October 7, 2022. Come have dinner and enjoy fun for the whole family while supporting your school!
- Activities include: Food Trucks (cash/credit accepted, these are not ticketed), Cake Walk, Face Painting, Pumpkin Decorating, an opportunity to pie a teacher in the face, and much more fun and games!
- Tickets can still be pre-purchased (6/$5, 13/$10, 25/$20) through Venmo @ckcspta, provide name of person pickup up
- Tickets will be at the sign-in table at the festival.
- Silent Auctions and drawings will also be available for purchase
- Volunteers still needed! This is a great way to get your volunteer hours in.
- We need Volunteers to help set up, clean up, man the games, sell tickets, help with crafts and more! We cannot make the festival a success without you! Please feel free to sign up for more than one slot if you are available. Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers who need volunteer hours are also welcome! Set up and cleanup is a perfect opportunity for dads and strong teens :)
Thank you to our Fall Festival Sponsors!
Scholastic Book Fair
Calling For Book Fair Volunteers!!
The Scholastic Book Fair is coming to PCK and we need your help! Volunteering at the book fair is the perfect way to connect with your child at school and help students find the books they can't wait to read. Sign up now and get ready for a fun and rewarding volunteer experience!
Book Fair Volunteers & Donations Oct 2022
Our book fair is coming up and we can't do it without you! Donations can be dropped off anytime before October 10th unless otherwise specified. Volunteer slots are in one hour increments and we have done our best to describe each position, but please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any specific questions about volunteering at the book fair OR if you can not fill the slot for which you signed up.
Make buying books at the Scholastic Book Fair Easy - Sign up for eWallet
Compassion Project Donations
Parents, we are now gathering donations for our next character project. Specifically, we need fleece fabric in one yard sections. We are going to use it to make dog blankets for a rescue called "A Friend of Jack.'' This is an effort to practice our compassion skills. Please bring donations to the front desk at PCK.
Save the Dates!
Parent Teacher Conferences, October 12th and 13th, are also HALF DAYS for all students. Core Care Club will be running from the time students are dismissed, until 6:00 pm.
The Lunchroom staff would like you to remember to...
- make sure that you have updated your child's grade and teacher with Wholesome Foods.
- pack silverware for your child's lunch from home, as the plasticware at the school is reserved for hot lunches only
Kneaders is NO LONGER an available vendor through Wholesome Foods. Costa VIda will now be the only Friday lunch.
*Please note, effective Oct. 1st, the price of milk went up 50 cents due to the rising cost of milk!
Parker Core Knowledge Charter School | SchoolMint
While it feels like the school year just started, before you know it we will be preparing for the 2023-2024 kindergarten class! If you have a student who will be in kindergarten next year, please make sure that student is registered in School Mint, so we can send you an offer letter if we have a spot for your child. Even though you already have a student at PCK, each sibling waiting for a spot needs to be registered with School Mint. You can sign in by clicking the School Mint icon above.
Milk Caps for Moola
PCK is a proud partner with Longmont Dairy’s Milk Caps for Moolah program. Please collect those milk caps, deposit them in our Milk Caps box by the front office at the school. For every cap turned in, we receive 5 cents. Just like boxtops, those milk caps add up quickly! If you have any questions, please contact PTA at email@example.com
Thank you to the Hong Family for the donuts you dropped off. We appreciate you!
Thank you very much for all of the Fall Festival donations! We will see you there!