CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Thursday, April 18th
Principal's Notes and Highlights
Tonight is the PTO event at kidscommons. Details about the event are below. I hope to see you there!
- ILEARN "Walk the Halls"- While the majority of our students (3rd-6th) will start ILEARN testing on Tuesday, April 30th, we will have some who will begin next week. Our students will have a pep rally next Monday afternoon to get them ready. Students will participate in the "Walk the Halls" tradition at around 2:30 p.m. on Monday. K-2 students will be cheering for them, and we want to invite any parents/grandparents who would also like to line the halls. If you are interested, please enter through the main office around 2:20 p.m. We would love for the hallways to be packed with parents. I know that our third-grade students appreciated the opportunity to shine in front of their peers before the IREAD test. Every child plays a role in our success, and each child deserves a chance to be recognized for their hard work. You don't need to have a student testing to join us!
- CSA New Tech Senior Project- Diversity Workshop for Students- See this flyer for details.
- I have also included some really cool photos taken by Mrs. Burbrink during Adventure Club. There is a link below. I really love that we have this opportunity for many of our students to stretch themselves.
- Rupert came to school to spend time with fourth-grade students this morning. He is always a fan favorite and shared about his experience from the tv show Survivor as part of their Famous Hoosiers Project.
- School is closed tomorrow, Friday, April 18th. The school will resume next Monday, April 22nd.
Have a great weekend!
Rupert at CSA Lincoln
Fourth Grade Field Trip to IMS
Team 750 5th Street (school address) placed 3rd of 19 teams at the BCSF Trivia Gala this past weekend!
Notes and Updates
Skip the stores and save a summer day! Why battle back-to-school shopping when you can easily purchase your child’s school supplies in a custom, pre-packaged kit? Each kit contains everything your teacher has requested and is affordably priced and delivered to the school before Open House day with your child's name on it. Paper order forms will be going home and are also available in the front office. You may also order online at http://www.shopttkits.com/ using account #30658. *Remember to order the grade your student will be in NEXT year, not their current grade. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teachers are starting to think about class rosters for next year. As a reminder, we do not take parent requests for teachers. My job is to put awesome teachers in each room so that it doesn't matter who your student gets. I am confident I have the best team and our record speaks for itself. That being said, you are able to reach out to your classroom teacher to share feedback about your child.
- The ever-popular Art Show will return on Wednesday, May 8th. If you are an artist or know an artist who would be interested in doing live demonstrations at the art show, please have them contact Mrs. Blackerby at email@example.com. We had a couple of people participate last year and it was a huge hit.
Important Upcoming Dates
Please mark these dates on your calendar!
- April 30-May 2, May 7-10th- ILEARN Testing (3rd-6th Grade)
- May 8th- Bike to School Day
- May 8th- Art Show
- May 15th- Indianapolis Indians Game-CSA Reading Challenge- Home Run Hitters
- May 16-17th- Chicago Trip (6th Grade)
- May 23-24th- CYC Camp Trip (5th Grade)
- May 24th- Kindergarten Graduation 1:00 PM
- May 29th- Move Up Day
- May 29th- 6th Grade Graduation-10:00-11:00 am
- May 30th- Last Student Day (Donner Park Field Day)
Mrs. George currently teaches fifth-grade language arts, but she has also previously taught both second and third-grade at CSA Lincoln. She returned to Lincoln this year after working at the BCSC Administration office for a couple of years as an instructional coach. Ultimately, she missed being around students and we were thrilled to welcome her back! She comes to PTO meetings and is almost always involved in a variety of school events. She is also the coach of our Spell Bowl Team!
A big thank you to everyone who attended our Urban Air Fundraiser last weekend! Profits made will go directly back to the students!
EAT, PLAY, PARTICIPATE!
We love giving back to our students and have scheduled a FREE night at KIDSCOMMONS TONIGHT. Please use the Eventbrite link below to reserve your FREE tickets. This is a requirement by kidscommons. To make this one big grand event we also invite you to stop by the 3rd St McDonalds between 5-7 pm. Feel free to bring your dinner with you and picnic at kidscommons. CSAL PTO will receive a percentage of all sales during this time. Lastly, we will conduct an offsite PTO meeting at Kidscommons while the kids play! Please join us at 6:00 pm in the party room.
Enjoy a play date with your school friends! Husky Families are invited to join us at Kidscommons for an evening of fun. All children must be accompanied by an adult during their time at the museum. In compliance with museum safety rules, we are restricted to a certain number of people in the museum at one time so please limit your party to Huskies and their immediate family members only. We look forward to seeing you!
Upcoming PTO Events:
PTO Bowling Party...this will be a glowing experience! - May 5
Teacher Appreciation Week! - May 6 - May 10
Final PTO Meeting for the school year! - May 16
BCSC Pre-K is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications are available at all elementary schools and online at www.bcsc.k12.in.us under the 2019-2020 Pre-K Applications heading. Please call us at 812-376-4569 for more information about BCSC Pre-K.
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley