Fruit Brochure: LIME
By: Steven Duering
Good Qualities Of A Lime
Forms Available For Purchase
- Calories is 10 g per serving
- Fat is 0.03 g per serving
- Carbohydrates are 3.2 g per serving
- Protein is 0.16 g per serving
Why Are The Nutrients Important?
- Calories give you energy
- Fat stores energy
- Carbohydrates are mostly C6H12O6 or glucose, which is used Cellular Development.
- Proteins are used for cellular repair.
Key Lime Cream Pie
1. 1 (9 in.) pie crust, baked
2. 3 eggs. beaten
3. 1/2 cup key lime juice
4. 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
5. 1 (14 oz.) can of sweetened condensed milkDirections
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, condensed milk, lime juice, and lime rind. Beat on medium speed with electric mixer for about 1 minute or until mixture is thoroughly blended. Pour into baked pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until center is set. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes, then chill at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Immediately refrigerate any leftovers. Do not store for longer than 3 days
"Lime (fruit)." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation. Web. 1 May 2015.
"Limes." Web. 1 May 2015.
"What Are Proteins and What Do They Do?" Genetics Home Reference. Web. 1 May 2015.