Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
March 25, 2016
Ms. Bousman's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @amy_bousman
Upcoming Dates to Remember
March 30- 6:00 3rd Grade Music Program
April 1-10 Spring Break!!
April 13- Muegge, Krapinski, and Johnston- Indianapolis Zoo Study Trip
April 14- Bousman and Grubbs- Indianapolis Zoo Study Trip
April 18-May 6- ISTEP multiple choice window
Mark your calendars for 6:00 on March 30th! The third grade students will be performing for all of you!
Students should be bringing home their recorders to practice in the evening and then bringing it back on their music days. Please encourage them to practice at home! :)
Students should wear their TCE classroom t-shirt and jeans or khakis during the performance.
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 1 Music
- Tuesday- Day 2 Art
- Wednesday- Day 3 PE
- Thursday- Day 4 Music
- Friday- No School- Have a SUPER SPRING BREAK!
Here's What's Happening in Ms. Bousman's Class
- We will continue to work on our Young Author's Books. Kids should have their rough draft complete.
- We will continue our small reading groups. Ask your child about the book they are reading in their book club.
- We will continue to do Daily 5 activities where students have the opportunity to read and write independently.
- We will finish our unit on measurement.
- We will begin our unit on data collection and analysis after spring break!
- Students will conintue the writing process to produce their young author book!
- Students may continue to write a creative story on a website called Night Zookeeper. This is a website, so students can work on it at home and at school. nightzookeeper.com
NEWS FROM THE THORPE CREEK OFFICE
BOX TOPS AND LABELS FOR EDUCATION
Hello TCE Parents!
We are doing an amazing job this year! We have collected over
Box Tops and
Labels for Education since June! (WOO-HOO!)
To help motivate you and your children to continue to collect and submit these valuable pieces of cardboard and labels, I’d like to remind you all about a series of contests that have been implemented. Please see below for the details …
Each student who turns in Box Tops and / or Labels for Education will be entered into a drawing, of which 3 lucky students (chosen at random) will receive a goodie bag! The top collector will also be awarded an amazing prize! As an added bonus, I will keep track of what was turned in by who so that the class with the most submitted by the end of the year (for each grade!) will receive something special!
Please be sure that the Box Tops and Labels for Education are taped on their respective pages (or that they are in a sealed baggie) and that your child’s name, grade and teacher’s name is put on the page. Thank you, in advance for your efforts!
Winter Contest (December - February)
Collection Deadline: Friday, February 19th
Winners announced: Friday, February 29th
Spring Contest (March - May)
Collection Deadline: Friday, May 12th
Winners announced: Friday, May 19th
I will be picking up the Box Tops and Labels for Education on Friday afternoons so please feel free to turn in your sheets as you complete them and I promise to keep a running total for your child!