March 21-25, 2016
Growing Fit Students!
Growing Experiential Learning
Gail Stephens' class has started a vegetable garden.
Growing Our Mindset
Growing Reading Stamina
Andrea Moren's class is graphing their minutes of Read-to-Self during The Daily 5 block. Way to go, second graders!
Growing Resources to Improve Student Achievement
THE WEEKLY SCOOP
- Progress Reports grades due at noon
- 4th Grade Writing Boot Camp - Fun Dress and Writing Activities All Week!
- 1:00 p.m. - First Grade Easter Egg Hunt
- Limbs International Fundraiser money collection - Students bring $1.00 cash to classroom teacher for Free Dress on Wednesday (For $3.00, teachers may wear jeans on Wednesday.)
- PLCs meet in data room
- Turn in STAAR Security Online Training Certificate to Lynn today
- Kindergarten Zoo Field Trip
- 2:45 student dismissal
- Good Friday Holiday
Future events for your calendar....
- K-2 half-day Writer's Workshop with Patsy Ramirez in Conference Room
- 4th Grade STAAR Writing
- 5th Grade STAAR Math
- 5th Grade STAAR Reading
- STAAR Make-up
Johnston-McQueen Students and Teachers Raise Money for Limbs International
Pam will put an accounting sheet in your box for the cash you collect, and all proceeds will go through the activity fund for Limbs International. Cash only, please.
Please let students know that this program began with the invention of Dr. Roger Gonzales and his students at LeTourneau University! If you have time, share a video or two with your students to explain how their $1.00 is helping someone less fortunate. Find more videos and information in the link below.
TEKS Science Challenge from Pearson
The Power of Words
I like the self-reflection below that Lynn, our ever empowering and sage counselor, shared with me. In stressful times, perhaps these five little questions can help us re-frame our perspective.
Will it matter:
5 minutes from now,
5 hours from now,
5 days from now,
5 months from now,
5 years from now ?
I love the affirmations you give to your students and to one another! Kind words of encouragement and affirmation can really turn around someone's day.