Fandom Project-Breaking Bad
Production companies, creator, distributor, writers, etc
Creator- Vince Gilligan
Distributors- Sony Pictures Entertainment, AMC, Arte, FX
Writers- Vince Gilligan, Peter Gould, George Mastras, Sam Catlin, Moira Walley-Beckett, Gennifer Hutchison, John Shiban, J Roberts, Patty Lin
Special Effects- Velocity Visuals
Main Stars- Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn,
Millions of viewers tuned in to watch Breaking Bad when it was shown on TV and millions more watch it today on Netflix or DVD.
The highest rated episode was towards the end of the series and was entitled "Ozymandias" it consisted of the foreshadowing of the ending of the 5 season journey.
The lowest rated episode was entitled, face off, between Gus and Walt. Although this was still a very high rated episode it wasn't the highest.
Fans Reactions/Critical Reviews
Critical reviews- It is very tough to find critical comments about this TV series. Almost all the comments tend to be positive. The only things that I have seen are about how there are some lulls in the middle of season where one or two episodes tend to get a little boring or off track. As well as some of the science portions of the TV show to be proven untrue. Obviously they cannot be completely accurate with all of their meth making most of what is shown is true.
Banjo Eyes- banjo eyes refers to eyes being wide open and is used by Hank multiple times.
Dark territory- this refers to a section of railroad tracks that is not directed and is just wide open.
Dead drop- or a closed off place that is used to pass materials from one person to another.
Huckleberry- being a huckleberry means to be just the right person for the job.
Fandom artwork, cosplay, etc
Other sources of generated revenue
Continued part 2
- upUnfortunatley Breaking Bad has wrapped up its final season and it doesn't look like there will be much fandom production anywhere in the near future. Although that being said there could be new ideas spur up and be sold through the site.
- I think that the thrill and suspense that comes along with Breaking Bad really resonated with the public. When you watch one episode you can never just watch one you have to continue watching, because it's addicting. That resonated with the public.
- The overall theme has to do with drugs and the business side of dealing crystal meth. I feel like the chemistry aspect and not just the business side of drugs really had an affect on the fandom. People tend to enjoy looking into the science part of the drug making as well as the protective gear that is worn.
- the most famous characters include, Walt, Jessie, and skylar. These were characters that were the most consistent throughout the entire series, they all had different qualities while Walt was the smart chemistry teacher, Jessie was the punk weed dealer that had more of a personality, and skylar was walts wife that was peace checker.
- There are message boards, although they are not very active anymore, being that the series is no longer showing, people who are just now watching the show from time to time will see some activity on the board.
- Not many backlashes against my topic, there may have been a few towards the end of the series when Walt died. People who may not have liked the way the series ended could have easily backlashed and blackballed my series.
- something that I see all the entertainments have in common is that they have reached all kinds of audiences and got more than just their target audience. This generates a lot of fandom and audiences and I think that's something that they all have in common.
- people enjoy being apart of something and entertainments such as these gives them such as sense as well as keeping them in the social loop. People can find bonds between people through these entertainments and I think this is why there is such hardcore fandom.
- wish fulfillment- the satisfying of desires in dreams or fantasies
Escapism- the seek to find a distraction from reality
Audience surrogate- fictional character which whom the audience can identify
Character identification- the psychological relationship between the audience and a character.
All of these terms relate to my hardcore fandom because they are all things that the audience experiences or reasons for their hardcore fandom. Reasons include, escapism, wish fulfillment. Things that the audience experiences includes audience surrogate and character identification.