May 26th, 2021
Wildfire Elementary School Firebirds
WHAT A YEAR WE HAD!
Dear 6th Graders
Principal's Message to Kindergarten Students
Summer School at WFES Updates
While there is no in-person learning available at WFES in July all students will have access to the Zearn math curriculum virtually. Students can log in the same way they do at school through Clever via the Authentication Portal auth.pvschools.net
Thank You All for Joining the Hero Squad!
Information for the 2021 - 2022 School Year
Class Placement for the 2021-2022 School Year
Move Up Day
On Thursday, May 20th, 2021 our students who are staying at and currently enrolled at Wildfire for the 2021 - 2022 school received their class placements for the next school year.
Students moving into 6th-grade were notified of their homeroom teacher, but due to compartmentalization of the subject areas, students in the general education setting will have all the 6th-grade teachers as well as being grouped with different peers throughout their day.
As students enroll throughout the summer, those students/families will be notified individually of their class placement.
Posted Class Rosters
In previous years, WFES has posted class rosters in the display case outside the main office doors. However, after consulting with PVUSD district officials, WFES has been advised to stop this practice for student privacy reasons. As a result, no full class list will be posted and students will be notified individually of their class placement.
Questions about Class Placements
Prior to move-up day, our class placement teams worked very hard at creating class rosters for the next school year. This year was especially challenging as students who may or may not be attending Sky Crossing next year have been constantly changing. There are many different considerations that go into creating class rosters and please know that parent input is just one of the many factors that are taken into consideration. The end goal is to develop balanced class rosters for the next school year. Wildfire strives to hire and retain wonderful teachers in each grade level who want what is best for all their students so that regardless of who your student's teacher is, he or she will be in great hands and have a terrific school year.
2021 - 2022 Staff Assignments
Enroll at Wildfire
If you or anyone you know needs to enroll a student for the 2020-2021 school year, please know we are still accepting enrollments.
If Wildfire Elementary School is your home school, click here to enroll for the 2021-2022 school year.
Required Documents for Enrollment
A certified copy of your child's birth certificate
Your child's immunization records
Proof of Arizona residency (e.g., utility bill, house payment, lease/purchase agreement)
IEP/504 forms (if applicable)
Please note, to register for kindergarten, your student must be 5 years old PRIOR to September 1st, 2021.
You will also be required to fill in a Student Emergency Card upon registration.
How to Open Enroll for the 2021-2022 School Year
Open enrollment enables Arizona students to attend public schools outside their district attendance areas or outside their district of residence. It is open to all Arizona-based students.
- All open enrollment questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Supply Lists for the 2021 - 2022 School Year
School Supply Lists for the 2021-2022 school year can be found and printed from the following link. These supplies can be found at any major retail store (Target, Wal-Mart, etc.) and brands can be substituted. The list will also be sent to local Target and Wal-Mart stores so they have them on-site. The list will also be posted on our school Webpage.
Don't want to go shopping for School Supplies? Have Edukits Deliver Your School Supplies Directly to the Classroom!
EduKits for next year's school supplies are now available for purchase. As many of you know, EduKits save you from having to shop and gather your student's supplies for the upcoming school year. You can simply purchase the kit and it will be delivered to your child's classroom before school starts in the fall.
Purchase link: https://www.edukitinc.com/schools/1001/
For best pricing, please order by June 15, 2021. Please see linked flyer for pricing and additional information!
Kindergarten Information for 2021 - 2022 School Year
Important Information for Incoming Kindergarten Students
Here is what you need to know for the first two days of school:
- Plan to arrive at school no earlier than 8:15 but no later than 8:40 and walk with your child to our kindergarten playground.
- Please make arrangements to have at least one parent present for the first day of school from 8:45 - 10:30 AM. Parents will start with their student in the classroom and then attend an orientation for kinder families with our Principal, Nurse and other school/organization representatives.
- All kindergarten students will be dismissed at 12:00 PM on Tuesday, August 10th, and Wednesday, August 11th. The remainder of the week and year students will follow the regular school schedule and calendar.
- Please note there is no after school childcare (Mascot Club) on either Tuesday, August 10th or Wednesday, August 11th.
Other Important Information
- Busing for kindergarten students who qualify will begin on the first day of school.
- A kindergarten teacher will ride the bus with the students at dismissal on the first day of school to help assist the driver and students.
Update on Mask Requirements in PV Schools
District Expectations Effective May 24, 2021 through July 30, 2021:
- All persons, including, but not limited to, staff, students, vendors, visitors, and volunteers are required to wear cloth face masks and maintain social distancing when possible, when indoors in student settings (mascot camp, summer school programs, etc). This includes District busses or vehicles rented or leased by the District.
- All persons, including, but not limited to, staff, vendors, visitors, and volunteers are recommended to wear cloth face masks and maintain social distancing when possible, when indoors in non-student settings.
- All persons, including, but not limited to, staff, students, vendors, visitors, and volunteers are encouraged to wash their hands frequently or to use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
Note: A student setting is defined as any place where students are scheduled to receive curricular or extracurricular programming and is limited to the time in which the programming is scheduled.
Join Our Team!
Multiple positions are available.
We look forward to having you join our team!
Health Office Information
News from the Nurse
I continue to enjoy building relationships and caring for your children and as we wind down the school year, I would like to thank you all for bearing with us during this challenging school year. Even though this school year brought with it many challenges, the students continued to impress me with their resilience and I hope that your child had a good school year.
Just a few end-of-the-year reminders:
If you received notice that your child is missing vaccines, please be sure your child receives those vaccines by the deadline listed on the notice. In accordance with State of Arizona immunization law, all students turning 11 years old, regardless of their grade level, must receive the Tdap and Meningococcal vaccines. If your child turns 11 over the summer, please provide me with an updated vaccine record no later than the first day of school. If your child will turn 11 during the upcoming school year, then you will have 15 days from the date of his/her birthday to provide me with an updated vaccine record.
If your child has a chronic illness (asthma, life-threatening allergy, diabetes, or seizures), you and your child’s physician must complete and sign an annual care plan. You must also complete and sign medication consent forms. These forms may be downloaded from the Wildfire website or you may stop in and pick them up. Forms and medications may be turned in to me on “meet the teacher day” or on the first day of school.
Also, stop in to see me to sign a medication consent form if your child will require a daily medication while at school. Note that all medications must be in their medication bottle with the Rx label – loose pills cannot be accepted.
As always, don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions and please be sure to let me know about any new health conditions that your child may develop so that I may best care for him or her.
Royce Hirsh, BSN, RN
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support Wildfire Elementary every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at Smile.Amazon.Com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones.
How to turn on AmazonSmile in the mobile app:
- Join AmazonSmile. If you are not already an AmazonSmile member, sign up on your web browser. Simply select Wildfire Elementary PTO to start generating donations, at no cost to you.
- Get the app. Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app on your phone. You can find it in the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
- Turn on AmazonSmile. Open the app and find ’Settings’ in the main menu (☰). Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.
On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you will be prompted to select a charitable organization. Select Wildfire Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization. Every time you shop on Amazon simply start at smile.amazon.com and the school earns 0.5% of every purchase. It's that easy to make a difference! Ask your friends, family and co-workers to participate too! As always, Thank you for your support!
Turn your Coca-Cola product purchases into donations to Wildfire Elementary. To donate, visit coke.com/give/schools, select Wildfire Elementary and scan or enter product codes from participating Coca-Cola products. Get started today!
Box Top$ for Education
Box Top$ for Education is now digital! No more cutting and collecting box tops.
Click here to see how it works and how to contribute.
Fry's Community Rewards
If you are a Fry's VIP member you can link your card to Wildfire PTO and effortlessly earn money for our school simply by doing your normal shopping. You just have to signup once and the school will reap the benefits all year!
Box Top$ for Education
Click here to see how it works and how to contribute.
Fry's Community Rewards
- May 27th, 2021: WFES school office closed to the public
- July 13th, 2021: PV Schools Job Fair - 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- July 19th, 2021: WFES school office opens to the public
- August 9th, 2021: Greet the Teacher event - Details to come
- August 10th, 2021: First day of school
- August 16th, 2021: Curriculum Night - 5:00 PM
- August, 23rd, 2021: School Council Meeting - 5:30 PM